Lets Jam is a wonderful gel!

Tene

I bought some Lets Jam Regular Hold a few weeks ago from cvs. I was about to give up on cause I had been using it after I co wash and it would be greasy and melt and drip down my face. It also didn't seem to do anything for my hair or slick it down or anything. Well I tried it today on my hair and instead of putting on wet hair I put it on my hair dry and it worked real good. It slicked my hair down good, the only bad thing is that only lasted about 30 minutes but it's still not as poofy as it was earlier. I also can't believe how soft, moist, and shiny my hair is. Usually most gels make my hair hard, dry, and crunchy.

I hated Let's Jam. Have you ever tried the Elasta Qp Glaze? Now that- I love. ;) Good hold and shine w/out leaving the hair hard or greasy.

I've used the glaze and I like that also, I usually use it along with IC Fantasia Ice Pomade.

Let's Jam and QP Gel both give me the same results. They lay my hair down perfectly and then it poofs up and melts down my face and neck. Ick Ick Ick. My hair will be soft later though but I'd rather have something (like HHB) that does it all.

I just bought some Lets Jam for my edges when I do my kinky hair styles with my headbands. I love it! It straightens my edges really good and gives it a little temporary shine.

I love let's Jam, I've been using this for years in place of Gel, I never used it on wet hair though, always on dry hair for french braids, flat twist, pony tail styles. I also never had it run down mine or anyone I use it on face, you may have used a little too much. For pony tails I would put a dab around the edges and then take a nickel size and rub it in my hands and apply it to all around then brush it, and put in a clip. I would also tie a scarf on my head for about 10 min. to take the extra greasiness away. It also leaves a wonderful shine.

It's nice for taming down edges, flyways etc.. But the heaviness and greasiness turned me away from it. I prefer using Long Aid Curl Activator Gel, I love it! :grin:

i love let's jam, i've used this since High school. i love the shine, and it's not stiff. it works well on my five yr old hair as well.

Sweet_Ambrosia said:
It's nice for taming down edges, flyways etc.. But the heaviness and greasiness turned me away from it. I prefer using Long Aid Curl Activator Gel, I love it! :grin:

I love Long Aid Activator gel also, I need to buy some more.

I use Let's Jam to smooth down my edges, and I use it on dry hair to hold my braidouts. It's one of my dollar-store staples.

I used to like Let's Jam but i like Elasta QP Glaze much better! It smooths my edges well and it doesn't have a residue so I can do from a slick due to a others without the gumminess that I would sometime get from Let's Jam. It a keeper for me. :grin:

I thought jam was greasy too no matter how little I used. But, I have been using qp glaze and dryfast glaze on and off since the early 90's. I love glaze. I wanted to add that luster's has a pink conditioning gel that reminds me of glaze except that its pink and it smells really good but I have not seen it in awhile.

Last edited:
Back