Let Love Be without dissimulation....

sidney

Please add your favorite love scriptures here. The bible talks about others knowing us by our perfect love. To perfect love, means that it is complete...lacking nothing more. I believe that when we bear each others burden when we pray for them as we do ourselves. Our model for how we love others is the degree we love ourselves (assuming we have a healthy self esteem). Let us seek to love others as we love ourselves and pray for their needs with the same concern we have for our own.
Thank you, I look forward to your scriptures. I will be back to post mine.

TraciChanel

1 Corinthians chapter 13:

If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever. :amen:

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear. Now we know only a little, and even the gift of prophecy reveals little! But when the end comes, these special gifts will all disappear.

It's like this: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now.

There are three things that will endure - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Genesis 2:24-25

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed

---

You are all fair, my love, and there is no spot in you. Song of Solomon 4:7

When a husband sees his wife, the woman that he loves, who gave birth to his vision and to his children...he finds no fault in her. None whatsoever, nor does she find fault in him when all between them is bare...

Love sees no spot or wrinkle, it only sees love.

Rainbow Dash

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is (springs) from God; and he who loves [his fellowmen] is begotten (born) of God and is coming [progressively] to know and understand God [to perceive and recognize and get a better and clearer knowledge of Him]. 1 John 4:7

sidney

1 Corinthians chapter 13:

If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever. :amen:

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear. Now we know only a little, and even the gift of prophecy reveals little! But when the end comes, these special gifts will all disappear.

It's like this: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now.

There are three things that will endure - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love.

Amen! I gave an amen right when you did Traci! Thank you for the reminder! Beautiful scripture!

sidney

Genesis 2:24-25

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed

---

You are all fair, my love, and there is no spot in you. Song of Solomon 4:7

When a husband sees his wife, the woman that he loves, who gave birth to his vision and to his children...he finds no fault in her. None whatsoever, nor does she find fault in him when all between them is bare...

Love sees no spot or wrinkle, it only sees love.

Amen! Thank you Shimmie, this is eros love at it's purest!

sidney

Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins. Pro 10:12

It's great that you posted this right after Shimmie, love that covereth all sins....is the kind of love that is so great that the imperfections are hardly noticed. Not a spot or a wrinkle!

sidney

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is (springs) from God; and he who loves [his fellowmen] is begotten (born) of God and is coming [progressively] to know and understand God [to perceive and recognize and get a better and clearer knowledge of Him]. 1 John 4:7

Thank you Health&hair28, it seems like this verse is saying that love is reflection of understanding of who God is (for god is love), the more intimate we know him, the more we are able to love others. Thank you!

sidney

Romans 12:10
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

InVue

Simple Life Lover
It's great that you posted this right after Shimmie, love that covereth all sins....is the kind of love that is so great that the imperfections are hardly noticed. Not a spot or a wrinkle!

When I think of this scripture it reminds me of Jesus love for mankind. While Jesus was surrounded by people who honestly loved him. He also had traitors and disloyal friends smiling in his face while turning their backs on him when he needed them most. Jesus knew it all the while but his love covered those sins on the cross. That's what I call genuine love.

sidney

When I think of this scripture it reminds me of Jesus love for mankind. While Jesus was surrounded by people who honestly loved him. He also had traitors and disloyal friends smiling in his face while turning their backs on him when he needed them most. Jesus knew it all the while but his love covered those sins on the cross. That's what I call genuine love.

Amen, InVue, that is an awesome level of love to reach. When Paul says let love be without dissimulation...I think what you said here is exactly what he meant. We can hate evil and cleave to love, and still be able to love those who are disloyal to us. Thank you for sharing this with me.

sidney

Here is the whole scripture, it essentially says what you mentioned here InVue.

Romans 12:9-21
Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. 10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; 11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; 12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; 13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality. 14 Bless them which persecute you: bless , and curse not. 15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice , and weep with them that weep . 16 Be of the same mind one toward another . Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. 17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written , Vengeance is mine; I will repay , saith the Lord. 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger , feed him; if he thirst , give him drink : for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
My fave Love scriptures:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

These two epitomize for me what Love is.

sidney

My fave Love scriptures:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

These two epitomize for me what Love is.

YYYYYYEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Amen! Thank you Laela, that is love in the highest!! This means so much to me now that I finally read the book of Revelation, which I had been avoiding:blush:. Thank you!! I'm about to have a praise break right now!!! Time to log off!

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Each time I awake, even in the middle of the morning... I cannot help but be reminded ever so softly, as I awake to take a sip of water and lie back down to fall asleep....

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God

They can not be numbered!

I can't even count them, they out number the grains of sand!

Psalm 139:15-16

..... had to share. Back to :sleep2: I go; God's angels watching over me and each of you. In Jesus' Name, Amen. :love3:

Sarophina

One of my favorite love verses is

And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.
*2 Cor 12:15*

I think real love is given despite the response of the one it is given to. Paul loved the Corinthian church wholeheartedly, although he did not receive the same amount of affection. This is the verse I keep in mind when showing love to friends and family. Agape, my choice, regardless of their responses/what I receive in return.

sidney

Each time I awake, even in the middle of the morning... I cannot help but be reminded ever so softly, as I awake to take a sip of water and lie back down to fall asleep....

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God

They can not be numbered!

I can't even count them, they out number the grains of sand!

Psalm 139:15-16

..... had to share. Back to :sleep2: I go; God's angels watching over me and each of you. In Jesus' Name, Amen. :love3:

Amen, countless our his thoughts toward us! He delights in us so much!!

sidney

One of my favorite love verses is

And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.
*2 Cor 12:15*

I think real love is given despite the response of the one it is given to. Paul loved the Corinthian church wholeheartedly, although he did not receive the same amount of affection. This is the verse I keep in mind when showing love to friends and family. Agape, my choice, regardless of their responses/what I receive in return.

I love this verse sarophina! The worlds love is so different...which is I'll love you, only to the degree you love me back! Thank you!

sidney

Romans 8:37-39
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.