Learning from Your Past, Gaining in Your Future!!!

Nice & Wavy

I wrote this in my blog, but decided to put this in the CF for those who can't access the blogs!
Blessings...N&W
In 2 Chronicles chapter 13’s historical account of the battle between King Abijah of Judah and King Jeroboam of Israel’s northern kingdom, we’re given an interesting perspective to consider. Jeroboam didn’t want his subjects traveling to Jerusalem to worship, so he constructed a couple of golden calves, one at Dan and the other at Bethel, and told them that these calves were Jehovah, and that they no longer needed to go to Jerusalem to worship.

But there was a huge problem with that. Though Jeroboam named these two statues “Jehovah”, the true God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; the Creator of heaven and earth is not a cow, and he certainly isn’t a statue of a cow. So the “Jehovah” he and his subjects began to worship was the wrong Jehovah. That “Jehovah”, Jehovah the cow, didn’t actually exist outside Jeroboam’s imagination. Rehoboam had simply made up a god, and then commanded his subjects to worship him.

When they decided to go to war and attack Judah in 2 Chronicles chapter 13, King Abijah pointed to that fact and confronted a problem that they hadn’t considered; that in choosing to attack Judah, who still worshiped the true Jehovah, they had put themselves in the unenviable position of opposing God Himself. And as Abijiah pointed out, that endeavor never prospers.

I see the same thing happening today where Jesus Christ is concerned. You see, the “Jesus” many people are following today isn’t the Jesus of history and the Bible, but rather some other person with the same name, but with a different nature. The question is, does that “Jesus” actually exist outside the imagination of those who purport to follow him? The answer is no, he doesn’t.

“Will the real Jesus please stand up?”

He did. He stood up and walked right out of the tomb where He had been laid after they crucified Him for my sin, and yours.

The historical, Biblical Jesus is the only One who claimed to be God in human form and the savior of mankind. He’s the only One who is and always has been the sinless Son of the One True and Living God. (Mark 14:62) All the others are fakes, figments of depraved imaginations.

So, do you know Him? I don’t mean; “do you know who I’m talking about?” I am asking if you know the Jesus of scripture; how He thinks, His true nature and character, that kind of thing… Are you close to Him? After Abijah died his son Asa became King in Judah. He actually commanded the people to “seek the Lord”. I can’t do that. But here’s what I can do; I can plead with you. Please stop what you’re doing and open your heart to Him. Tell Him that more than anything you want to know Him. And mean it. Make that decision. Decide right now that from this moment forward you want to know Jesus. Ask Him for that depth of intimacy, and He will give it to you!

The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you… 2 Chronicles 15:2b

I pray that you have a blessed & fruitful day today!

Thank you for sharing! Excellent! At first, I was thinking "Where is she going with this?" But of course, I knew it was coming! :)

What a beautiful Minister of Heart you are. :grouphug2:

Love it, Love it, Love it...

Your message is pulling this from my heart to share to someone who's been following this forum.

"Will the Real Jesus Stand Up"....

He's right here, all here and here to stay. Will you let Him in? He's waiting, just for you..

The 'you' who thinks that you're unlovely or unlovable. Yet you are very lovely and very lovable and very much loved, by Him.

Will you let Him in? He will never turn you away....:nono: He's not like the person or persons who may have hurt you, or turned away from you. He's with you always and with you all the way...and to stay, beside you, to guide you, who will never lead you astray.

He has the answers you've been seeking; He's heard your voice each time you've cried. He's open and ready to put it all aside and make all things new just for you. :love2:

What a beautiful Minister of Heart you are. :grouphug2:

Love it, Love it, Love it...

Your message is pulling this from my heart to share to someone who's been following this forum.

"Will the Real Jesus Stand Up"....

He's right here, all here and here to stay. Will you let Him in? He's waiting, just for you..

The 'you' who thinks that you're unlovely or unlovable. Yet you are very lovely and very lovable and very much loved, by Him.

Will you let Him in? He will never turn you away....:nono: He's not like the person or persons who may have hurt you, or turned away from you. He's with you always and with you all the way...and to stay, beside you, to guide you, who will never lead you astray.

He has the answers you've been seeking; He's heard your voice each time you've cried. He's open and ready to put it all aside and make all things new just for you. :love2:
Thank you, ladies!

Shimmie...this is straight from the heart of the Father!

Hallelujah!

Back