Lanolin....Is it Bad???

Lavendar

I know that mineral oil and petroleum can be hazardous to your hair, but what about lanolin? I've seen some posts where ladies state they are avoiding it, but I thought it was natural (derivative of wool). I know it has a coating effect because it's often given to breastfeeding mothers to keep their nipples from becoming dry and cracked, and it's not harmful to the baby. I'd like to hear anyone's experience with lanolin. Some of the chemists in the house are welcome to throw in some science!:yep:

Jynkx

i dont know how benificial or harmful it is but it seems like that is in so many things. glad you asked cuz i wanna know too, lavandar

JustKiya

I don't use it on my hair - it makes it feel coated and heavy. Maybe someone with less fine hair might have more positive results - it's just too heavy for me.

Lavendar

Okay...so it's just heavy for fine-haired ladies. But what if it's an additive to an otherwise non-heavy product....then it's not bad for the hair?

Do vegans wear wool coats? Really....not trying to be funny...that just popped into my head when CN made the sheep comment.

JustKiya

Okay...so it's just heavy for fine-haired ladies. But what if it's an additive to an otherwise non-heavy product....then it's not bad for the hair?

Do vegans wear wool coats? Really....not trying to be funny...that just popped into my head when CN made the sheep comment.

:lol: Most don't. Nor will they wear silk, or leather.