Ladies with thin edges who wear half wigs

mzsophisticated26

Have you seen any improvement with your edges while wearing them? or did your edges get thinner?

I have extremely fine/thin hair in the front I just started to wear them about 2wks ago before that I was wearing sew ins but they really damaged my edges and temples. I am just afraid that I will have the same issue since I am leaving my hair out and the wig sits on those areas. I just started consistently applying a mixture of MTG, scurl, MT every other night on my edges.

nychaelasymone

It's hard to say. I've been wiggin it now for months and I haven't seen any remarkable changes in my eaten up/beaten up edges. Keep taking care of your edges and prayerfully they will blossom....sending you happy hair growing love through cyber space

mzsophisticated26

thanks so much mine edges/hair are so thin I have to wear weave tracks in the front when I wear my real hair I can't even wear a bang with my real hair.

meecee

My edges are thin from years of wearing too tight ponys or braids. They recovered somewhat while I was natural. When I wear half wigs I just make sure that nothing pulls my edges too tight. Fear of losing more of my edges makes me an occasional half wig wearer.

Dommo

I don't have thin edges but my mom does and its because she stresses her edges with the combs in the front of half wigs. If you do choose to use the comb, make sure you dont pull the hair back with the combs ; just place it down. Its better to use bobby pins though,imo if you have any doubts about the combs.