Ladies who twist

TheQueenBeeMaya

Hey ladies!
How is everyone preserving their twist outs at night? I've tried just sleeping on a satin pillowcase AND retwisting and both have left me looking a hot mess! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I just baggy. In the AM I CW so they can hang right.

I don't know what your twisting method is but twisting each strand first before crossing it over the other seems to give twists that require very little maintenance.

Is this a flat twist-out or just a 2-strand twist out? For two-strand twists I really like shea butter, and I tie my hair down at night after retwisting. If I'm not retwisting, then I definitely wear a satin bonnet. HTH

Re-twisting for me is the key and then tying the twists down with a scarf in the direction I want my hair to be styled. Then I can put a bonnet on.

For example if I want a part in the middle of my hair, I wrap the scarf around my hair so there is a part then, the rest of my hair is hanging down on the sides. Then a bonnet will cover those ends while they hang loosely.

Is this a flat twist-out or just a 2-strand twist out? For two-strand twists I really like shea butter, and I tie my hair down at night after retwisting. If I'm not retwisting, then I definitely wear a satin bonnet. HTH

I've been doing two strand twist outs, I wish I could flat twist! I will try your method, thanks!

I put on a satin bonnet. In the morning, I just lightly moisturize and then fluff and go

i do everything every suggested lol

re-twist with butter, baggy, tie it up with a satin scarf and in the morning i co wash to fresh up my curls and apply oil
HTH

Back