Ladies that take pictures of their hair

Tea

How often do you take pictures of your hair? Only when you see significant growth or ever few months? I've been considering starting a photo journal but don't want to get obsessed with snapping photos every time I notice a change. And how do you get good pictures of your own hair if you are taking the picture? <-- This really puzzles me. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif Do you hold a mirror in front of you with another mirror behind you and then arrange the camera some way that it takes just your hair without creating a flash off one of the mirrors? /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif Feeling really /images/graemlins/dork.gif /images/graemlins/dork.gif

Hi Tea. I'm working on pics for my journal and so far I take about 1 pic each month. I use a camera with a timer. I set it up, then back away making sure I stay at eye level then turn around to wait for the flash. So far so good. I have a pic for Oct, Nov, Dec and will take one at the end of this month. Hopefully the pics will show the growth strides that I THINK I'm making. lol

Hi Tea,

I've decided to take pictures every 4 months. So I won't post again until the end of April of this year. I use a web cam to take my pictures. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

Girl I wish I could use my webcam to take pics but is sucks SO BAD!!! lol The pictures look all blurry and dark. Then again the camera did come free when I signed up for my internet service so I guess you get what you pay for! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

i dont know how to use me web camera either. the pictures dont come out at all. i tried to take some pictures of myself by looking in the mirror ( i bet they come out mashed up /images/graemlins/frown.gif ) and i got my oldest to take a few.

I use my Web Cam as well. I need more light in my room but all in all I think it's ok. So far I've only taken a picture when I've done my touch-up. /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif

I really should take pics but my dig camera is rubbish and can really only take pictures in daylight. Even then the quality is naff. I really want to right now, but a dig cam is not really on one of my list of priorities right now, as I'm trying to stop spending unless I REALLY need to. So far so good.

I take pictures with every touchup. I get my bf to take my pictures but he's starting to work my nerves a little so I'm going to train my son to do it soon.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Tea,

For me, every three months is good. Taking them sooner would frustrate me, especially if I couldn't see any growth or only a little. It also shows me if a product I am using is working and if my hair dye is fading. Speaking of pictures, I need to take a picture now, but need to get another battery. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

As far as taking the picture, I usally get my husband to take them but since he has been a "Jerk Camera Man" /images/graemlins/arguing.gif, I decided to teach my son how to take them. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have 6 pics left to take, in my 1st ever hair journal camera! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

And I already have an account with picturetrail. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I used a regular camera. I just stretched my arms and went for it. I took all the pics myself. Hope they come out right. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I just started taking pics of my hair this past Nov. when I relaxed my hair again after a close to 4 year absence. I just ask my sister to take them for me. She thinks I'm crazy /images/graemlins/nuts.gif , but she do it anyway /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I plan on taking pics every 3-mths, so I'm due for more pics next month after my relaxer, this is a good way to see what's going on between touch-ups.I don't think I will be ready to post them till the summer time, by then I think I will have something to show /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Relaxed 4a thin hair
Current length: Different 3-7 inches w/ the front and sides being the shortest
Goal: Even Healthy Shoulder Length Hair

i take pics everytime i do anything to my hair, and especially when i get it done by someone else. i have a pretty good digital camera with a timer. i set it on the counter in my bathroom, and i sit in the same spot on the floor every time. once i have everything set up, i activate the timer and take the pics.

adrienne

i ask my husband ( /images/graemlins/kiss.gif) if he can take a pic or some pics if i have a new hairstyle, a hairstyle that you guys haven't seen on me or if my hair is blown dried straight or wavy and it has grown since the last time.

adrienne0914

After looking at your pictures, I may start doing more pictures also. My goodness your hair grows FAST! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I remember you said a while back that you were upset because your hair was shedding and looked thin...IT LOOKED GREAT TO ME. /images/graemlins/grin.gif By the way, what did you do to stop the shedding?

I take pictures before I start something new, like if I ever start back on vitamins I will probably snap a picture and then take another one when I notice a change. I usually take pictures after a retouch.

I'll take mine about once a month because that's when Adrienne takes hers, /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif and I'm hoping that if I take pic as often as her that my hair will grow as fast as hers. LOL!

I'll also take them when I do a new and significantly different haircolor or wear/try out a style that I think folks would be interested in seeing. I wish I would taken one last night! I wore my hair curly to the club and I was giving a good "Girl from Ipanema" look. /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

Oh - the boy takes mine for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif This first two I ever posted I took myself - but you couldn't see the bottom of the hair so I've handed the task over to someone who is not a spaz.... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

hairfanatic, i had to stop taking the pill to get the shedding to stop. it's still shedding but slowly decreasing. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

tracy, if only it was that simple. that wanakee photo in my pocketbook would have done it ages ago!! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

adrienne

Thanks ladies for the replies. I guess I'll have it taken every time I get it relaxed (every 4 months or so). Haven't figured out the timer thing /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif on my camera so I'll try to get one of my sisters to take it. Thanks again.

I take about 6 pictures every month. Since I have to take the pictures manually (no digicam /images/graemlins/angry2.gif) I take pictures of my hair unstraightened and straightened. My boyfriend /images/graemlins/kiss.gif(sorry Nay007 I just love that smiley) has started helping me take pictures (he also measures my hair every month). So I'll probably post in late February, or mid-late March.

I think you should take pics often. It makes for a lot more to look back on when you are going through your pictures.

i just started taking pics and i will be taking them every 3 months when i relax. i stand in front of the mirror and take a picture of the reflection.

I take a pic almost each week, sometimes I go months without taking pics though. I don't really have a strategy on how to take hair pics, sometimes I ask my sis to do it for me. I take several pics untill I get the result I want.

Back