ladies please critique

prettygirl

I have just became a memeber of the board and I just wanted to know if the products and methods that I am using to assist in growing my hair is good or actually damaging to my hair.
I just went from nl lye to lye I first tried mostions oil moisturing conditioning lye relaxer this did nothing for my hair.so now I want to try textures and tunes conditoning lye relaxer
I use aphogee or sabastian deep penetrait a week and a half prior to relaxing after relaxing my own hair I useoptimum post relaxer normalizer then move on to my neutralizing shampoo by isoplus.I use a moisturizing deep conditioner by sebastian called moisture base or nexxus humect. every week I use the moisture base and I use kereacare oil moisturizer wit jojoba oil(thinking of changin to something else after finished bottle)currently not using any oils as I am unaware of the proper usage. wash my hair three times a week with creme of nature shampoo and conditioner ,my leave in treatment is infusium 23. were my hair which is quite short (in comparison to some of the hair length i have seen on this site)in a pony tail each day and my vitamin regime is 5mg biotin,100mg b5,regular multivitamin,and gnc hair vitamin. ladies please give me your honest opinion on these products and techniques.

katie

I personally disliked Sebastian moisture base conditioner.The lady in the store even told me it may not suit my hair needs since it isn't very moisturizing and is just a regular old conditioner.I don't know why I didn't listen to her.

However if you find it gives you enough moisture you should keep using it then

miss_brown

your vit regimen looks good. be careful with the pony tail. protective styles are excellent, but don't pull too tight because it might cause thinning of edges and breakage where the pony sits on your head. good luck

Spagirl

In addition, I didn't see you mention the use of a silk/satin hair covering or pillowcase to protect your hair when you sleep.

debyjay

Girl I don't know how textures and tones will work for you but it was horrible for me. I was burning as soon as it was applied and it's just not a relaxer that seems to be used a lot by the members of this forum.