Ladies, I need to vent.......

nomoweavesfome said:
and girl what God has for you is for you - ain't no devil in hell gonna stop that! you did good though. handled that very well. Let me tell you something - sistaz can always sniff out the competition. They know there's something about you. girl it's the ANNOINTING!
I couldn't have said it any better! Congratulations on becoming a licensed cosmetologist!!! That's one more for the LHCF Styling Team!

I too have run into a little sabotage from my fellow stylists, but it was much more subtle. I called them on it too, but in a non-confrontational way. I see that I have to watch my back because there will always be someone trying to pull us down. And remember, that only happens to those of us who shine. From one stylist to another, I wish you the absolute best in your new career!

luvlonghair said:
Thank you ladies!!!!! Thank you for all of your encouraging, as well as funny words!!!! You have all made me feel so much better about handling the situation the way I did. I'm going to continue doing what I love doing and move on.

Some of you may know, but I'm originally from Queens, NY and I've ran into a couple of people from NY who have been wanting the domincan blowout. I'm doing one tonight and can't wait. I've bought some domincan products. Let's see them touch that!!!!!:lol:

Thanks for all the love ladies!!!!!:D
You're welcome, girl.;) Thats what we are here for.:p

LHCF is a cosmetology school of its own :lol: Kudos to you for not being shaken by stupidity and jealousy. Continue to do good work and treat people right...clients will come. I *wish* I had a LHCF lady to do my hair.

Good luck to you!

I've got to agree with Divine Inspiration, I sure wish I had a LHCF person to do my hair...I would never worry. Nobody wants a hairstylist who just gets you in and out of their chair. Once you have one of those magic potions mixed up for your clients they won't stop coming back. That's one thing a lot of hairdressers don't do is give us attention and advice. Stay strong, girl, don't let them haters get you down. Whenever you need support, we're here for you. Continued success!

tenderheaded said:
In all walks of life there are haters of all colors:mad: At least she showed herself right up front!

You were grace under extreme pressure. Keep it up:) OT - What types of products do you use? I want to visit you starting for a wash and dry.

Thanks Tenderheaded!

I'm currently using Nairobi and Design Essentials. I'm also going to start experimenting with my Dominican Products.:grin:

I have something else to share with you ladies that happened yesterday......

A fellow graduate has been concerned about the shop I'm in and invited me to go check out another salon yesterday evening. So I go and we had a great time with the shop owner.

She gave us a wealth of information on how we can grow in the business. She had asked both of us where we're currently working. I told her the name of the salon and she then asked me who did I work with over there. I told her and then she said that "T" had called her regarding a booth to rent in her shop:eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: . Mind you, this is the same chick I was telling you about.

I told the owner that it wouldn't work for me and she asked me why and I told her. Before I could say the reason why I felt she had asked those questions, she said them herself:eek: She said that she doesn't want anyone like that in her shop. Thank God! I really like this woman and if everything works out, I'll really would like to work with her.

You were so professional. Great job. I bet the customers where too busy admiring your work that they did not hear a word the hater said. They're all sitting home trying to figure out how they can let her down easy and move over to your chair. :lol:

You handled youself like a lady in front of obvious haters. On top of that, you can do some hair girl if you have ppl in your grill like that! You're gonna have customers coming out of your ears!

mscolwhite said:
You were so professional. Great job. I bet the customers where too busy admiring your work that they did not hear a word the hater said. They're all sitting home trying to figure out how they can let her down easy and move over to your chair. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I know right, hopefully she now knows to step up her game....competition has arrived....:lol:

BerrySweet said:
You handled youself like a lady in front of obvious haters. On top of that, you can do some hair girl if you have ppl in your grill like that! You're gonna have customers coming out of your ears!

I'm praying for that:) I know it takes time. I've read that it takes about 6 months to build up your cleintele, and hopefully from there I'll be set.

Please do this
learn all you can about helping your clients grow long healthy hair.

It will work so well. Stylist eat thier young because most new stylist float in and out of salons before the find thier anchor spot. The two NEgatives are hoping you will be fly by night. Watch it soon they will fake friendly with you and try to get you to do or show them your work. you be friendly back but gracefully decline let them work thier way back into your good graces.

Love ya at LHCF

Girl don't even let her get to you. I think at the end of the day when her clients see that your clients and your daughters hair is healthier and growing longer than their hair they will make a switch or start to ask their stylist why she doesn't employ the same methods as you.

Congrats on graduating from school!!!!!!! I would love to go to cosmetology school.

cicilypayne said:
Please do this

It will work so well. Stylist eat thier young because most new stylist float in and out of salons before the find thier anchor spot. The two NEgatives are hoping you will be fly by night. Watch it soon they will fake friendly with you and try to get you to do or show them your work. you be friendly back but gracefully decline let them work thier way back into your good graces.

Love ya at LHCF

I totally agree! We teach people how to treat us and while you don't have to stoop to their level you also don't want to set a pattern for others to manipulate and use you. I learned this lesson the hard way.

Best of luck to you. I know with all this knowledge you have that you will be successful and have your OWN business before all is said and done. Then they will come to YOU to rent a space. Pay those people no mind. On the road to success there will ALWAY be people who decide not to take that road and discourage/antagonize others who do.

Keep your head up! Those women contributed nothing to get you where you are today and they can't keep you from your blessings tomorrow!

You have all the support you need right here on the board!
natasha

Back