Lace Front Hairline Help *~*Pics*~*

TrendySocialite

Just joined the lacefront wig wearing family....

I'm not sure...the hairline is so...perfect :ohwell:

It may have been operator error (I may have cut it too perfect..dunno)

The issue I have with bring my own hair out is that I'm natural and as indicated below, my hair texture will not match the wig texture. And straigtening my hairline will sorta defeat the purpose of my using wigs as a protective style.

Any advice?!!?! Or will I just be cursed with this perfect hairline until I get another one LOL

From a distance, it doesn't look bad at all...check out my YT vid. But when I look at it and take pics of it...yeah it looks soooo "wiggy"

lacefront3.jpg

lacefront1.jpg

lacefront2.jpg

You look pretty but I think you will be cursed with a perfect hairline until you get another one. I never wore one but is there any way you can comb the bangs down? May get try to cover the hair line buy getting a bang or swoop bang. You're right it looks to perfect at the hairline.

Maybe you can move it back so a little of your natural edges/baby hair can show? If they aren't straight use oil and a scarf to make them lay down.

You look nice btw :)

You look pretty but I think you will be cursed with a perfect hairline until you get another one. I never wore one but is there any way you can comb the bangs down? May get try to cover the hair line buy getting a bang or swoop bang. You're right it looks to perfect at the hairline.

I may try that. I just brushed them forward and the bangs don't work that well. So I guess me and my perfect wiggy-looking hairline will rock on...LOL

Looks like a nice wig but exaclty looks like a wig. I would pull the hairline back a little bit and pull some hair out in the front like muffinsismylovers on YT she does great tutorials on all types of wigs. Some of the synthetic lace fronts are the hardest to pull of but if you tweek it a little bit it would look very good on you. Lace wigs are about trial and error, I know from experience, but try to line it up properly and play with it a little bit until you don't have a moon shaped head. It's a pretty lace wig and pretty color though.

You definetly need to tweeze some baby hairs or something for this one. The moon shaped hairline is too obvious. Other than that, I really don't know what else you can do to make it look more natural.

Thanks for the compliment! I could move it back, but my roots are dark right now LOL

It still would work. Just try it. I have dark, natural roots and you just have to leave a fraction of your hairline out, you don't have to actually pull out any hair. Who is that lacefront by? The Janet Collection? Because most of their lf's have too thick of a hairline I find. The best synthetic BSS lfs imo are Motown Tress, A plus, and Hairsense. The best human BSS lfs imo are by New Born Free.

The wig looks wiggy and I believe it's because the hairline is too dense. You need to get the hair line thinned out so that it will look more natural. You can also thin it out to get rid of the "perfect straight hairline".

The following youtube video shows how you can thin out the hairline:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTk3AKhH0Eg

Good luck! The color and style of you LF is very pretty!

It still would work. Just try it. I have dark, natural roots and you just have to leave a fraction of your hairline out, you don't have to actually pull out any hair. Who is that lacefront by? The Janet Collection? Because most of their lf's have too thick of a hairline I find. The best synthetic BSS lfs imo are Motown Tress, A plus, and Hairsense. The best human BSS lfs imo are by New Born Free.

It's a freetress Equal wig...

I think I would try to comb some of the wig hair to partially cover the hair line. Maybe a side part with a long bang??

It is starting to look better. Like the other person suggested maybe try to put some of the hair down a little bit in the front, like a swoop. What I do for my light color wigs is take some brown or black mascara and gently brush the roots/ edges so it looks a little more natural and looks like it is growing out of your scalp.

To be honest, it just doesn't look right on you. You are very very pretty and I think a natural textured wig to blend with your hair will be better. That wig is also way too shiny and the part is too dense as well as the obvious hairline.

I think creating a bang would help a lot. I agree that perhaps thinning it out might help. As of now, it just looks wiggy because of the hairline and the thickness.

Do you know of a stylist that could help with thinning it out?

To be honest, it just doesn't look right on you. You are very very pretty and I think a natural textured wig to blend with your hair will be better. That wig is also way too shiny and the part is too dense as well as the obvious hairline.

i'm going to be real honest too. it does not look good at all. it looks like plastic barbie doll hair. please go to blackhairmedia.com, the ladies over there are experts on lacefront wigs. they have an entire section dedicated to the how-to's of lacefront wig wearing.

good luck!

I use black hair gel on my edges, a lil thick amt, then I put the LF on, n slide it back, then smooth the edges (before and after I put the wig on). It's like using glue without losing any hair. Have gotten alot compliments.

I agree with the other posters and prefer your LF today in the other thread.

The thing with LF's is that you want them to look, feel like and mirror your hair as if it could be your hair so you need to choose a texture that you can easily blend and that could authentically be yours. The perfect barbers hair line is always a dead give away.

I urge you to check out muffinismylovers on youtube she has the lacefront thing down pat.

HTH's

What's weird is that I tried both LFs on in the store and this one looked a lot better...but oh well, you can't always nail it with different looks....it's trial and error. I failed with this one, have a winner with Jada....

WOW- please ignore such rudeness from the previous poster.

ANYWAY, OP, I am sure the wig looks better on you in real life than it does in the pics (in regard to it being really shiny, etc), otherwise, I doubt you would have purchased it- sometimes pics don't do something justice.

But I do agree about thinning out the hairline and creating a bit of a swoop bang so that the hairline isn't so exposed- a bit of hair around the forehead would serve as a distraction to the perfect hairline, IMO.

Back