KeraCare...New Packaging? Better Products?

leigh.hill

I already have the KeraCare sulfate-free shampoo :drunk: which is in the bronze bottle. When I went to Ulta today, I noticed the conditioning creme hairdress in a bronze jar. Looked at the ingredients briefly and I don't think I saw mineral or petroluem oil (I am not feeling too well today so I could be wrong). Unfortunately, I could not find a picture online of this product. Then I found this:

Again with the bronze packaging. Here are the details:

KeraCare Strengthening Thermal Protector is a leave-in lotion enriched with strengthening ceramides that notably improve elasticity during thermal styling.

Strengthens hair significantly.
Provides advanced thermal protection.
Provides UV protection.
Promotes remarkable manageability.
Smoothes and seals cuticles.
Benefits:
Considerably reduces shedding and breakage that normally accompany thermal heat.
Restores proper moisture balance while effectively guarding against effects from humidity.
Significantly eases wet combing making it three times easier to detangle.
Leaves hair soft, silky and movable.
Directions: Apply sparingly to damp hair and comb through. Proceed to thermal style. Do NOT rinse out.

http://www.sleekhair.com/22731.html

My question....is KeraCare trying to make their products better? If so why are they trying to be so secretive about it? :sekret: Besides the sulfate-free shampoo, has anyone tried other KeraCare products in the mysterious bronze bottles/jars?

Vintageglam

This is no secret - he actually had a long interview with Macherieamour on her site where he spoke about product development and how the formulas were changing.

I think they are also looking into the BKT market.....

leigh.hill

This is no secret - he actually had a long interview with Macherieamour on her site where he spoke about product development and how the formulas were changing.

I think they are also looking into the BKT market.....

Oh good. This is all new to me. Were they changing the products to get rid of "bad" ingredients or just changing around the formula? If they are really changing for a better, healthier product line it seems like there should be more of a marketing push. IMO. Hell, I am ready to buy :yep:.

What is BTK?

leigh.hill

Just in case anyone was wondering....it just new packaging, according to this video at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzyCk1zsNXo

FYI - He is briefly talking about some KeraCare products - 1st lather poo, intensive restorative masque (which he says makes the hair 42% stronger???? IDK), dry/itchy scalp spot lotion, and oil sheen.

Dove56

I know I LOVE the sulfate free shampoo; LOVE IT. They better jump on the BKT bandwagon because it could REVOLUTIONIZE straightening/relaxing. I'm 10 months post and my new growth is bone straight thanks to BKT, I won't stop BKT'ing until I get pregnant..lol.