Karen's Body Beautiful Fans, Do You Experience This Often?

westNDNbeauty

I recently reviewed KBBs Super Duper. The next jar I purchased looked completely different and also PERFORMED quite differently than the first.

KBB Fans, have you experienced, not only a difference in texture (which is understandable with natural products), but PERFORMANCE variations as well?

See blog for complete details about my experience and KBBs response.

naturalmanenyc

Their products were more consistent when they were local, well, local for me since the former store was near by. I think the move to Target changed the formulations similar to Carol's Daughter products.

empressri

This was a sole reason why I stopped buying long ago. I got a hair milk that was LIQUIDY AS HELL omg even dawn dishwashing liquid is thicker. And folks swore up and down that it was the same. Right. It didn't even work like the old hair milk.

Girl bai.

Britt

All of her products have changed since I first tried them in 08'. Even the oils were richer, the hair milk and the other leave in where high quality along with her conditioners. I used to pretty much use her products exclusively for a while even though they were pricey bc they performed so uniquely on my hair compared to other products that I didn't mind spending the money. Even the reg conditioner would literally melt in my strands, her poo bar worked well with the other products, I used the lighter leave in and the hair milk and oil as a moisturizer. The product quality seems to have been diluted when she started changing up the place and getting new designs, etc. I used to patronize her often. Now the only thing ill prob continue to buy is her moisture mist. Hopefully that hasn't changed since its a fairly new product.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Just11412

yeah that is one reason i stopped with her products. i got some of the hair butter and it was so damn grainy. it was grainy like salt that you put down when it snows. like stuff had crystalized and didn't mix well. and really the only reason i was buying her products is because of the scents. they smell so damn good.

nakialovesshoes

I've always purchased my KBB stuff from Sage so the consistency has been the same. I've only used the Super Duper Hydrating Cream & the Sweet Ambrosia. I could probably replace the cream but I really love the ambrosia. I'd be heartbroken if she messed it up for Target.

westNDNbeauty

I've always purchased my KBB stuff from Sage so the consistency has been the same. I've only used the Super Duper Hydrating Cream & the Sweet Ambrosia. I could probably replace the cream but I really love the ambrosia. I'd be heartbroken if she messed it up for Target.

nakialovesshoes help me understand the bolded statement. I assume that all of the products originate from the same place, KBBs NY location. Are you saying that products from Sage are different?

nakialovesshoes

@nakialovesshoes help me understand the bolded statement. I assume that all of the products originate from the same place, KBBs NY location. Are you saying that products from Sage are different?

westNDNbeauty - Sorry for the confusion. I'm not saying that the ones at Sage come from somewhere different. I was just saying that I'd never purchased from Karen's directly or Target or any other retailer. The only place I've ever purchased from is Sage & the consistency was the same both times.

I had viewed a YT video some time ago where the YTer was complaining about the exact same thing (may have been her other moisturizing cream-can't think of the name right now) & had pictures like you did showing how they were clearly different. She also went in on their customer service or lack thereof when she called them on it.

Back then I kinda thought it may have been because she was hand mixing everything - like Oyin for instance. I've used their Funk Butter for at least 5 years now & the consistency (& smell) of that product has definitely been different over time. But...not to the point that it works any differently.

seemegrow

I have gotten different consistency in the sweet ambrosia being thinner at times but it always works the same. I buy it from sage and the hair show. I use the nectar more now though cause i like the thickness. If anyone has any they are getting rid of pm me lol.