jfm texture softener?

dany06

What makes just for me texture softner any different from the typical texturizer? Because i would like to try it. My last relaxer done by my hair stylist left my hair very thin and limp. I want my bulk back and some texture in my hair. It's been 8 weeks since my last relaxer. I want to use jfm texture softner in my hair to have fuller and over time slightly wavy hair. Do you think that this is the product that I am looking for or should I talk to my stylist about textlaxing? Another question, is textlaxing a term just used on lhcf or is it also used in the hair professional world. I dont want to go to my stylist with the term "textlaxing" and she looks at me crazy when i tell her that I want.

I would guess that the pH is lower. I would love to test the pH to see how much lower it is.

I looked at the box last week. I think my hair would think that stuff was just a conditioner. It would not do anything to my 4abcdefg.... hair.

dany06 said:
What makes just for me texture softner any different from the typical texturizer? Because i would like to try it. My last relaxer done by my hair stylist left my hair very thin and limp. I want my bulk back and some texture in my hair. It's been 8 weeks since my last relaxer. I want to use jfm texture softner in my hair to have fuller and over time slightly wavy hair. Do you think that this is the product that I am looking for or should I talk to my stylist about textlaxing? Another question, is textlaxing a term just used on lhcf or is it also used in the hair professional world. I dont want to go to my stylist with the term "textlaxing" and she looks at me crazy when i tell her that I want.

I think it's just the same. When you go on the website that advertises it, it has all the same ingrediants as a texturizer. I agree w/ the other person, that I think the ph is much lower as well.

I wouldn't mind trying it to see if it will help me stretch. They say it is safe to use on previously relaxed hair. :look: I dunno about that. :look:

Thanks, Im going to go ahead and try it. Even though I have 4ab or just 4b hair, with a mild relaxer my hair gets pretty straight within minutes.

I just looked at the video on the site. I don't know if my hair would do anything. I think I might try it on my edges or something.

It seems like it's a silkener or a very mild relaxer. There have been a few threads about it lately. Someone posted and said they used it but I can't remember who. I was considering using it myself, and have looked at the box several times in the store. I was going to use it to see if it would loosen my curl so my hair would hang more but I'm undecided bc it says it's for managability. I don't have any problems with tangling or managability. I'm thinking about coloring my hair once it gets longer, and technicially this is a chemical process and I don't want to complicate things and jack my hair up. So I'm not sure if I'm going to try it or not. It says it's safe for hair that's previously been relaxed but it tells you to only put it on new growth. I'm guessing that means that it's okay to transition from a relaxer to just using this.

I know someone who used it. They had thick 4a/4b hair, but it was very soft. This texturizer left their hair pretty much texlaxed. They said it didn't burn, and the results came out pretty even. HTH

redRiot said:
I know someone who used it. They had thick 4a/4b hair, but it was very soft. This texturizer left their hair pretty much texlaxed. They said it didn't burn, and the results came out pretty even. HTH
Is their testure still pretty much 4 ab or is it 2 or 3 now after the softner?
How about shrinkage?

I just started using this and I must say that I'm impressed. I think my hair is 4a/4b. I recently tried to go natural again,and I had a curl pattern but it looked really really nappy in the roots, so I just decided to try this texturizer and it really loosened my curls, at first I was worried that I left it on too long but after I washed it out, the sides was straight but the rest was curly.

longhair75 said:
I just started using this and I must say that I'm impressed. I think my hair is 4a/4b. I recently tried to go natural again,and I had a curl pattern but it looked really really nappy in the roots, so I just decided to try this texturizer and it really loosened my curls, at first I was worried that I left it on too long but after I washed it out, the sides was straight but the rest was curly.

So did it loosen your pattern to a 4a or 3c?

I don't know I have a problem stomaching this, b/c this product is aimed at kids, oh something is wrong with your hair you have to process it, Mom's fix the curls, curls are bad. UGH! I don't see the difference between this and a mild relaxer/Texturizer, and the results would be the same if she deep conditoned, moisturizing leave-in condish, and some noodlehead or nexxus gel. JMO

Last edited:
Lucia said:
I don't know I have a problem stomaching this, b/c this product is aimed at kids, oh something is wrong with your hair you have to process it, Mom's fix the curls, curls are bad. UGH! I don't see the difference between this and a mild relaxer/Texturizer, and the results would be the same if she deep conditoned, moisturizing leave-in condish, and some noodlehead or nexxus gel. JMO
Me either let alone stomach a white mom that can't comb her baby's hair wtf?

Too bad Pro-line was bought out by Alberto Culver 6 years ago....So much for the black perspective:ohwell:

Last edited:
I used it but it wasn't applied right. I asked my mother's hairstylist to put it in my hair. She was like your hair is going to break off if you put it in. I have been to her before and the first time i went she put a lye relaxer in my head and didn't ask what typed i used before hand. Before her i was using no lye home kits. Back to the point, she was complaing and said i need to call your mom first before i do this. Im 18 and in college. What right does this lady have threatening to call my mom. But she eventually gives in and will not read the instructions. She stirs the stuff up letting the green forest activator and sunflower oil spill out of the container. She refuses to listen to me while i tell her to place the other half of the oil on my hair. She then says it probably wont straighten my hair. Then she places on my hair smoothing it in numerous times. She wasn't suppose to do that at all. And after letting it sit for about 7 mintues, Lord behold my hair is straight. Not quite bone straight but getting there. I should have just done it myself. So I dont know how it works when done properly but it can straighten your hair. That was almost 3 weeks ago. Shortly after that i put in a sew-in weave and haven't washed my hair with water. I just used one of those herbal cleansers. I took it out last night and Im going to wash my hair today. I'll see if my hair has any wave pattern. My hair still feels limp and thin though. I hope for any of you that try this,that it comes out right.

My boyfriend is biracial and has two little sisters. His mom is white and has no real clue on how to style curly kinky hair. In an attempt to make it easy she just cuts their hair into little poofy afros and sometimes fades. They no longer look like little girls but rather cute little boys. They are 4 and 7. I have noticed that many white moms have a tendency to cut their young daughter's hair into little boy hairstyles, but those two girls come out looking crazy. I think that if this product works the way that it says it does, then their is hope for Kyla and Dawn. I know chemical products should be a last option but many moms dont know where to look for certain products, nor have the time. I cant go to NJ all the time and help out because I live and go to school in AL. All I can do is give her advice and hope that she uses it.

dany06 said:
My boyfriend is biracial and has two little sisters. His mom is white and has no real clue on how to style curly kinky hair. In an attempt to make it easy she just cuts their hair into little poofy afros and sometimes fades. They no longer look like little girls but rather cute little boys. They are 4 and 7. I have noticed that many white moms have a tendency to cut their young daughter's hair into little boy hairstyles, but those two girls come out looking crazy. I think that if this product works the way that it says it does, then their is hope for Kyla and Dawn. I know chemical products should be a last option but many moms dont know where to look for certain products, nor have the time. I cant go to NJ all the time and help out because I live and go to school in AL. All I can do is give her advice and hope that she uses it.

It's great that your offerring advice. For some reason I'm a tad offended by the my child has nappy hair I made a website and Imma promote a chemical process:ohwell: Heck my mom couldn't comb my hair so I shoulda really been a little more clear on the why I don't like her site.

yeah I was discussing biracial hair the other day. The other person was saying why do all biracial children on tv have the same hairstyle? We all know that is not the only way to style it but that dry afro with curls on the end look or the short puff on boys (Walmart commercial) is crazy. I just wanna spray some Noodlehead on it (never used it but I hear you all say great things about it)
ETA: ok my bad I didnt see the other thread about natural hair until after I posted this. Maybe the jfm is with the conditioner zdded like the silkener...:confused:

Last edited:
Back