jet black rinse for light skin tone.

marta9227

I would like to put a black rinse on my hair, I love how shiny black hair looks. But I need it to be a rinse, not a permanent because I'm relaxed. Also, I want it SHINY! I'm very light skinned and don't like to wear a lot of makeup. I'm afraid it might wash me out.

To sum up my questions are this. Do any of you light skinned ladies do black rinses? If so I'd love to see photos, please. Also, does anyone know a good brand of rinse that gives really black, shiny results? Thanks and God bless!

Guinan

Re-Branding
I would like to put a black rinse on my hair, I love how shiny black hair looks. But I need it to be a rinse, not a permanent because I'm relaxed. Also, I want it SHINY! I'm very light skinned and don't like to wear a lot of makeup. I'm afraid it might wash me out.

To sum up my questions are this. Do any of you light skinned ladies do black rinses? If so I'd love to see photos, please. Also, does anyone know a good brand of rinse that gives really black, shiny results? Thanks and God bless!

marta9227, I use Clariol beautiful textures jet black rinse & I use that only after I relaxed my hair. My sister hates the color on me because she says I look like a vampire; especially in the winter. Im darker than you, so the black rinse doesnt wash me out too much.

I think the black rinse might wash you out. Can you start with a dark brown and gradually go darker if it turns out ok?

Here's a collage pic of the color

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Dove56

I'm light but I always go for a level 2 or 3. I would not dare do a level 1 (Jet Black) especially in the Winter. Jet Black can look harsh on lighter skin tones depending on the undertone.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I want to go darker as well. I'm growing out my permanent blonde highlights so I can try it. My stylist is trying to talk me out of it because she says it's a hard color to lift should you want to go lighter. But I will start out with a rinse first and then go from there.

My sister has a very light skin tone and she rocked jet black for years. It was so pretty on her...and her hair was always so shiny. It was done by her stylist so not sure what she used. I say go for it...it's just a rinse so if you don't like it...it's gonna rinse out anyway after multiple washes.

PureSilver

I'm hoping to see pics.....sorry i have nothing to contribute that may help you. OP maybe you could do a youtube or google search those sites have everything. I'm hoping to rinse my hair black as well for some shine and to brighten my face once i relax because my hair is so dull.