Jazma

beans4reezy

Hi, Can anyone suggest a hair stylist in the NYC area who can apply the Jazma wash n wear texturizer? I wanted to buy the kit and do it myself, but I am sooo scared of applying chemicals to my own hair. My sincerest gratitude if anyone can help ...(it seems like I post threads and I never get an answer...I think I may be doing something wrong :blush:)

Natural Glow

How is this different than other types of texturizer? I dont know any one in nyc im just curious. Hope you find someone

beans4reezy

Good Question:

I have been wearing a relaxer for 16 years and I need a change. A friend of mine switched to Jazma and experienced tremendous hair growth. As far as I can see from their website,some of the benefits include being able to wear your hair curly or straight and increased elascity.

I searched the website- no locators. If push comes to shove, I will do it myself.....but ummm, I'd rather find someone who can do it for me first

Rain20

I did some searches on here or BHM and the Jazma texturizer is not a special chemical formula. You could probably use a mild perm and leave on just for a few minutes. Try searching texturizer or texlaxing. Or try searching silkener. This what they use at Miss Jessies Curve Salon which is in New York. This may be an option for you since you are in New York. From the searches some people did not have good experiences with the Jazma relaxer and its very expensive. HTH.

naijamerican

From my understanding of Jazmaa (particularly because I was considering getting it but decided against it), it's not so much the formula as it is the technique of applying it. Apparently it's applied a quarter of an inch off away from the scalp. Also, they wash the hair prior to applying the relaxer/texturizer. OP, go to the website, send an email to them, and they will let you know who in NY can help you. That's what I had to do to find someone in the DC area. Good luck! :yep:

sowhut

Y.O.U Salon
110-24 Merrick Blvd.
St. Albans, New York
(718) 657- 5941
(Available only Thursday & Saturday please call then)

This salon was doing it when i was going to get this done (i never actually did it though).
I was referred to see Liana Robinson...but this was about 2 years ago.

beans4reezy

Y.O.U Salon
110-24 Merrick Blvd.
St. Albans, New York
(718) 657- 5941

This salon was doing it when i was going to get this done (i never actually did it though).

THANK YOU!! I thought no one was responding to my threads and silly me just got the hang of searching for my threads and looking at the respnoses!! LHCF REALLY is a GODSEND!! I will call this salon to see if they still do apply the Jazma.THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU! St. Albans is only 15 mins from me!!:grin:

beans4reezy

That's what I heard as well. Someone said that to use Jazma successfully, you have to have mostly unprocessed hair and cut the rest. :nono:

A friend of mine as well as two of her cousins applied Jazma to their NG and they simply transitoned from relaxed to texturized...their hair has thrived...everyone is different, so I'll stretch for a year and then apply the Jazma to see how this works out. Thanks for the input ladies!:rolleyes:

beans4reezy

Y.O.U Salon
110-24 Merrick Blvd.
St. Albans, New York
(718) 657- 5941

Thanks again SoWot!! I have an appointment to meet with Liana on the 21st of Feb...I didn't even think she'd still be at the salon...but she is!!! :grin:

Naturelle

The actual salon is here in Toronto. I went once and I bought all the products. I didnt get a relaxer but they did a wash n go...I wasnt impressed.

The products some were ok others were better overall....to expensive for what you're gettin IMO and they don't list the ingredients.

beans4reezy

Their salon is in Toronto, but thanks to the ladies here, I found a licensed cosmetologist who is able to apply it right here in NY. I'm going to give it a shot. I seen the incredible results its had on my friends and would like to give it a whirl. This is a good way to transition to natural IMO