JayZ is an investor In Carol's Daugter...

MsBoinglicious

I didn't know that! Very Interesting! Who knew this???

"After Price opened her first Carol’s Daughter store in New York City’s Fort Green area, in Brooklyn, in 1999, word spread like a wildfire. Realizing it would be difficult to grow the company on her own, in October 2003 she decided to form a partnership with Steve Stoute, a marketing executive. In May 2005 the partners announced that a group of investors, including film stars Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, record executives Jimmy Iovine and Tommy Mottola, and hip-hop mogul Jay-Z were to pony up a total of $10 million to take Carol’s Daughter national." Source

"In addition, Carter oversees a multimillion dollar clothing company, Rocawear; is an investor in Carol's Daughter beauty line; and is part owner in the New Jersey Nets." Source

Esq.2B

Yeah he's been actively pushing the products for a while now. During Pres. Obama's Inauguration, the first 300 people who purchased Carol's Daughter products were given the chance to meet him at Pentagon City mall.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Yeah he's been actively pushing the products for a while now. During Pres. Obama's Inauguration, the first 300 people who purchased Carol's Daughter products were given the chance to meet him at Pentagon City mall.

Oh, yeah. I remember that. Problem is that those products are very expensive. I was going to go, but not purchase the products.

southerncitygirl

Good for him. I just hate their products with a passion.
Co-signing on the hate and they are now putting formaldehyde donors in their products. The healthy hair butter built up on my hair and it took over a month for the residue to wear off from all that beeswax and I wash weekly and I was clarifying.

PrincessKia

I'm more interested in the siggy pick of the two banded ponytails. Ok I'll go back up and read the story now.

ladybuddafly

Mary J Blige is also an investor. I've never tried the hair products, but LOVE the body products and love that Ms. Price is doing her thing. It's beautiful to see people living out their dreams.

pringe

guys can't we just be happy that Jay is doing well & is promoting a more "natural" black enterprise? He's supporting and uplifting a fellow Brooklynite. And yes I gotta promote that fact cause I was going to Carol's daughter back in the day @ the original store before it got picked up. And I'm from Bklyn so i'm proud that Jay is supporting his peoples! I don't use Carol's Daughter products anymore, stopped years ago but still want her to do well.

ladybuddafly

guys can't we just be happy that Jay is doing well & is promoting a more "natural" black enterprise? He's supporting and uplifting a fellow Brooklynite. And yes I gotta promote that fact cause I was going to Carol's daughter back in the day @ the original store before it got picked up. And I'm from Bklyn so i'm proud that Jay is supporting his peoples! I don't use Carol's Daughter products anymore, stopped years ago but still want her to do well.

I share the sentiment. His money could be going to a lot of other places, but it's supporting a minority woman owned business and I think that is fabulous! Kudos! Also, I like to practice "using my words to bless not curse". Emitting positivity is the only way to go!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
^^^ I don't knock him for his involvement. Kudos to him. But he could invest in a (1) healthier product and a (2) less expensive product. I ain't hating on him, though. He and Bouncey are doing their thang. Make dat money!! :yep:

locabouthair

Mary J Blige is also an investor. I've never tried the hair products, but LOVE the body products and love that Ms. Price is doing her thing. It's beautiful to see people living out their dreams.

I agree. Even thought her hair products suck. I love her skin products.

shandaw

Will and Jada are also investors. I like her products, I also am one that is glad the sister is doing her thing. I buy Carols daughter all the time I love, love her skin products the cleaning foam and the face butter are staples for me and her leave-ins..

shenitab

I'm not hating on Jay-Z or the rest of em. I believe in having multiple streams of income. I'm also not hating on the company - they must be serving A market in order to still be in business. As for the products - never tried them - too rich for my blood. I'd rather buy cheaper hair products and spend the difference on my VACATIONS. :grin:

Miss AJ

not if she's using CD products...lol

LOL her products are really that bad? I remember back in like '03 everyone was raving over them at Nappturality but I was a youngster so I couldn't jump on that bandwagon.