I've decided to relax

teenie

Because I cant seem to get my natural hair care regimine together...its just to much work for me with my little ones and all so I've decided to go back to the relaxer.....

I've been sitting here for 2 days with a box of Soft & Beautiful making sure this just isnt one of my rash decisions...I'm all ready I just need to double check on a few last minute things.

ok as you see in my sig I havent had a relaxer in a long time so do you think I should go to the ends?

NeeSee

From your pic, I think I would but let some of the other ladies chime in and see what they think.

Parvathi

Wait a minute.

Is it the length or hair texture that's causing you problems? And what about your current hair regimine is causing too much work for you?

Honestly, having a relaxer in no way means your regimine would be less demanding.

Have you also considered the cost in upkeeping relaxed hair?

Would love to hear your answers to these questions.

teenie

Parvathi said:
Wait a minute.

Is it the length or hair texture that's causing you problems? And what about your current hair regimine is causing too much work for you?

Honestly, having a relaxer in no way means your regimine would be less demanding.

Have you also considered the cost in upkeeping relaxed hair?

Would love to hear your answers to these questions.

Well I hardly ever wear it natural/curly anymore because it looks like crap the next day and its a tangled mess so I have to rewet it to comb through it and get it to look good again...which was causing me to loose to many strands....my hair was much longer relaxed and texlaxed than it is now...the tangles are killing my growth progress

lately I've been wearing it in 1 of 2 ways in a air dry bun or maxiglided straight (which made me realize that since I wear is straight so often I may as well relax)

I hadn't thought cost would be an issue because I will self relax, a relaxer costs like $7 and I will do it no more than every 3 or 4 months I would say

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
You have such beautiful hair.:eek: What if u braided it instead of relaxing? It isn't a complicated style and u can still have enough time for the lil ones. We all have yr back whatever u decide.

Last edited:

neeki

Teenie, your hair is beautiful, but I understand how you feel. I've been natural for 5 years, but most of that time my hair has been braided because my hair is so hard to maintain in it's natural state. I'm so sick of wearing braids, and it's just not worth the struggle anymore to wear it natural. If I don't braid my hair or straighten it, I also experience tangles which are thinning out my hair and causing breakage. And I feel the same way you do. If I'm going to straighten it, I might as well relax. The amount of heat that's required to straighten my hair is probably more damaging than any relaxer. My current plan is to texturize, but I might decide to completely relax. I will probably do it within the 2 next weeks.

If your hair is truly easier to maintain when it's relaxed, then maybe you should go for it. Good luck with whatever you decide.

teenie

DDtexlaxd said:
You have such beautiful hair.:eek: What if u braided it instead of relaxing? It isn't a complicated style and u can still have enough time for the lil ones. We all have yr back whatever u decide.

Thank you! I dont think I look as cute with braids. ha ha

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
You may want to rethink 'Soft & Beautiful' and look up reviews of other relaxers. I haven't read anything bad about S&B, but there may be better formulas out there.

Good luck

Tru_Mind

Hi, your hair is beautiful!

Well...first I want to know what do you love about your natural hair, and why did you decide to go natural?

I did the same thing that you did, but I went about 7 months without a relaxer before I relaxed. I thought that everything was going to be so much easier, but it took just about the same amount of time for me to wash and style my relaxed hair.

When I put a relaxer in my hair it came out bone straight. I didn't mean to do that....and it was a mild relaxer. My hair is kinda thin, so I forgot that I didn't have to leave it in long. I had so much new growth I thought that longer would be better. Weeks later, I remembered why I stopped relaxing, because I found myself searching for moisturizing products again. My hair become too dry. That was about 3 months before I found LHCF.

If you are having problems with tangles and having to wet your hair often, I think that you should braid your hair and take it loose in the morning. Four plaits should be enough. You have a lot of hair, so it should look nice and wavy...like Amel's hair. Too many plaits will make it look crinkly. That's ok too, but since you have little ones four is enough. Start it on wet moisturized hair first. You don't have to wet your hair everyday, so braid dry hair to keep the waves in. Don't comb it...run your fingers through it. My mama use to do this to my hair when I was little.

I wear my hair staight too, but wearing it straight does not make me want to relax...it makes me realize that I don't have to relax in order to wear it straight.

I don't think that you should relax, but if you do at least you will know how to care for it better.

I wouldn't use Soft & Beautiful. I used that one for years.

-tru

sareca

JCoily said:
You may want to rethink 'Soft & Beautiful' and look up reviews of other relaxers. I haven't read anything bad about S&B, but there may be better formulas out there.

Good luck

My sentiments exactly. BTW, congrats on your decision! :dance7:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
If u R going to relax, please make sure you have enough relaxer. I don't think one box will be enough for all that gorgeous hair of yours!:D

MizaniMami

Girl I would just check out a relaxed thread some ones I suggest are "And the worst relaxer goes to" and "the best relaxer" good luck and do know there is a wealth of information here to help you through your relaxed journey.

gradygirl

Hi Teenie,
I was natural for over two years when I decided to relax again. As a matter of fact I just finished relaxing half of my head and I'm just taking a break and letting my pores close so I can do the other half. I understand where you are coming from. It was alot of work for me to stay natural and know matter what I did to me I was never satisfied with the way it looked. I had to wear braids alot which got tiresome and I was also snatching hair out left and right. I admire women who are able to maintain their natural hair but I tried it and it wasn't for me. I don't feel like I failed at it I just missed the relaxed look and I was not enjoying my hair because of all the work that it took for me to maintain it. Only you can decide whats best for you just take your time and make your decision . Do some research on this board of some of the regimens that some of the natural and relaxed ladies have and make your decision based on what you think you can handle. Good Luck

MzTami

Hellerrrr
I'm wishing you luck with your decision. Your hair is beautifulll(That's with 3 L's) in its natural state and I'm sure it will be just as beautiful relaxed. :)

teenie

tru_mind said:
Hi, your hair is beautiful!

Well...first I want to know what do you love about your natural hair, and why did you decide to go natural?

I wouldn't use Soft & Beautiful. I used that one for years.

-tru

I do love the texture of natural hair....I love the way it curls up when it gets wet....But I think even more I was in love with the idea of being all natural it made me proud to say I'm all natural.

Ok now I am starting to rethink the Soft & Beautiful thing the reason I picked it is that I have had great results using Just for Me in the past and the Just for Me container looked to small to relax a whole head so I got the Soft & Beautiful since its by the same maker.....I mean ideally I would rather have the Phyto but its not that easy for me to come by and it cost more.