Is Shaikakai oil supp. to have mineral oil???

ttlayli

Hi Ladies! I decided to jump on the bandwagon with this oil for cleasing of the scalp...and ever since I started really coming on this board and paying attention, I have started to avoild mineral oil....
Which is funny because for almost the past three yrs....not doing ANYTHING to my hair....pretty much only rewashing and applying heat when I saw my stylist....I realized the DOO-GRO Stimulating Growth oil she instructed me to use (since I was always getting splits and breakage), the first ingredient was Mineral Oil! :wallbash: Hmmm....maybe that's why even using this oil....I continued to have breakage and splits??? :rolleyes: I dunno....
So enough with the rambling :rolleyes:, I oredered Shaikakai and Amla oil but when I got them today and read the packages, I realized they too have mineral oil!! Is that bad??? Did I just order some fakes??? :ohwell:

Awwwww really!!????:cry3: I was hoping I was wrong....guess I wont be using these! I ordered them from theindianfoodstore.com on Amazon. ? *sigh* Oh well....:ohwell:

lmao no its not fake lol

the shikakhai i have has mineral oil in

oh man i wish i cud make everyone hear this

mineral oil isnt bad! its only bad if u keep re-applying it over and over without washing it out

and if your oil washing/cleansing (my method of using it o ndry hair 1st) then it'll be rinsed out

and if you want to make your own shikakhai oil *pure* mix the shikakhai powder with coconut oil and voila!

Ohhhhhh okay lol! Thanks Candy! I will def. use ur method! :grin: I guess I didnt waste any money then...yay! :spinning:

And just a quick question Candy: When u use the oil to wash ur hair....on dry hair....do u actually scrub ur scalp?? Does this work if you use products and may have buildup?? Do u keep the oil on for a certain amount of time???

Ohhhhhh okay lol! Thanks Candy! I will def. use ur method! :grin: I guess I didnt waste any money then...yay! :spinning:

And just a quick question Candy: When u use the oil to wash ur hair....on dry hair....do u actually scrub ur scalp?? Does this work if you use products and may have buildup?? Do u keep the oil on for a certain amount of time???

yeh, scrub your scalp with your nails, just gently at first, like a massage and relax doing it, this will release dirt and also stimulate growth..if u ever go for an indian head massage they do the same thing, they get dug right in! ITS AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE!

the shikakhai is a strong cleanser. i recommend you buy shikakhai powder too, because after you oil cleanse and rinse it, using this powder mixed with water will get rid of buildup in a mild way and also leave your hair strong and shiney.

any more qs let me know x

Me and mineral oil get along just fine, but I thought most ayurvedic products used sesame oil as a base. Live and learn. :ohwell:

I'm a lil confused:ohwell:. Just found out aobut the Shaikakai powder on the Henna post. Got a couple of questions?

1)When I mix the shikakhai powder with coconut oil or whatever base oil I choose do I have to rinse it out immediately or is it used as a topical hair growth?

2)Is the powder when mixed with water too drying or strong to use with my 3x a week co-washing?

I'm a lil confused:ohwell:. Just found out aobut the Shaikakai powder on the Henna post. Got a couple of questions?

1)When I mix the shikakhai powder with coconut oil or whatever base oil I choose do I have to rinse it out immediately or is it used as a topical hair growth?

2)Is the powder when mixed with water too drying or strong to use with my 3x a week co-washing?

I can only answer question #2. I have made a paste with shikakai powder and sat under the dryer for 20 mins and rinsed with good results. Mostly I mix shikakai, aritha, tulsi, neem or amla (depends on what i have out and open) put it in the coffee pot strainer add six cups of water and make an herbal wash. I put this in a bottle and put it in the frig. The next day i co-wash with conditioner wash, then rinse with water and then apply my herbal tea and leave it in or I wash with it and then rinse and then co-wash. Either way great results. BTW- I am natural as well.

I can only answer question #2. I have made a paste with shikakai powder and sat under the dryer for 20 mins and rinsed with good results. Mostly I mix shikakai, aritha, tulsi, neem or amla (depends on what i have out and open) put it in the coffee pot strainer add six cups of water and make an herbal wash. I put this in a bottle and put it in the frig. The next day i co-wash with conditioner wash, then rinse with water and then apply my herbal tea and leave it in or I wash with it and then rinse and then co-wash. Either way great results. BTW- I am natural as well.

Thanks girl, I'm trying to add it to my winter routine for extra condish! Do you always order yours from the web or do you buy locally?

You can also use your Tulsi as a tea. It's wonderful to have in the morning.

Back