Is it necessary.......(BRAIDS)

honeycomb719

to use gel on th ehair when getting it cornrowed? I ask this because, I'm getting my hair braided and my hair don't keep well in braids. I can't go longer than a week and a half before it looks all fuzzy and puffy at the roots. My friend say this is because I don't have any gel applied to the hair while getting it braided.
How do you ladies that wear braids have yours applied?

TIA

ngaa

i've been havin my hair cornrwed and braided a lot and have never used gel or even heared or usin gel on hair wen braidin it but my first reaction to this aitn too positve coz gel has so much alcohol i'm afraid that it'll break my hair...wen u have it braided do u use a satin pillowcase or satin skalf/bonnet to make sure it dont unravel?? also my hair was beginin to look very untidy wen i first had it done coz it itched so badly and i've stopped scratchibn it and instead i jus pat it now which archieves the same results as scracthin but dont make it untidy... akaai managed to keep hers in for 2 months, u can pm her and ask what tips she can offer u coz i'm currently foloowin a similar regiment to the ne she used

LisaG

I use S curl and then put QP Elasta "Feels Like Silk" on the cornrows. it is like a gel but non drying. Then I tie it down with a sating scarf. After that my hair looks freshly done.

ngaa

i jus apray my s curl activato and use my bonnet and 2weeks into my cornrows my hair is lookin fine but it aitn a gel and it causes itches wen put on scalp

lisa how long do u usually keep them in for?? i'm hopin to go for 8weeks this time and am treatin them XTRA nice so that they stay in longer than usual

LisaG

I just kept mine in for 3 weeks this time. Was getting a little worried because I passed my touch up date. I was also wondering how my hair was doing and could not wait. I had the cornrows done very very loose too. When I took them out today there was about 15-17 broken hairs and about 5 shedded hairs (from the root). Got just a little worried about that and gave myself a Aphogee treatment then deep conditioner with heat. I will see how I'm doing tomorrow.

ngaa

lisa only 5 hairs?? how did u stop the hair in yo hair line frm breakin more than this coz i'm gettin paranoid bout losin my hairline in exchange for length...