Is beeswax bad?

caligirl

I think I've found my holy grail product with Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. It provides brilliant shine, hold, and it keeps the moisture in. Unfortunately it has beeswax as an ingredient. I plan to do condition washes with Suave Humectant and only shampoo every 2 weeks. Is this bad? The ingredients are below:

water, soybean oil, corn oil, beeswax, shea butter, sweet almond oil, cocoa butter, jojoba seed oil, wheat germ oil, sandalwood fragrance, essential oils of sweet orange, lavender, ylang-ylang, rosemary, lemongrass, patchouli, and cedarwood, Vitamin C, xantham gum, potassium sorbate.

Tene

I love Carols Daughter HHB that seems to be the only thing that works in my hair as far as a cream. I heard that beeswax can cause build-up in your hair so I guess that's why some think it's bad.

atlien11

For me it attracted dirt quicker. It wasnt the easiest thing to wash out either so for those who CO wash, i wouldnt suggest using it.

ceebee3

If it works well for your hair, then it's not bad. I could care less what other people think is bad; if my hair likes it, I LOVE it.

Ronnieaj

If it works well for your hair, then it's not bad. I could care less what other people think is bad; if my hair likes it, I LOVE it.

^^^What she said.:grin: I know some members swear by vaseline to seal their ends, because that's what works for THEM! Do you girl.

remilaku

bees wax is not bad. you just need to know how to work with it. you cant wash it out. use vinegar to get it out.