Is anyone just starting their transition?

I just decided to transition recently. I last texlaxed in May and thought I would do so again in October, but since then, I've fallen in love with my 3 or 4 inches of new growth and would prefer the natural texture. (I think)

One thing I'm curious about, however. There are posts stating that you can't know what your natural texture is until you cut off all the relaxed hair. Wouldn't 6 or 8 inches be enough to tell something? I can't imagine hair changing drastically just because you cut some of it. Meaning, if your 6 or 8 inches of new growth is type 4 hair, cutting off the relaxer couldn't reveal type 3 hair, or vice versa, could it? I realize the weight of relaxed ends would pull your ng out, but I'm just curious about that.

Anyone know of hair that was bc'd and looked completely different than the ng?

am just transitoning right now i bun my hair 100% of the time when i go to work. when am off work i wear a scarf all day. wearing a scarf helps the new growth lay down straight. i have a question i bought some coconut milk how do you use that as a pre-poo, or condition, etc.

Back