Is Acv Good For Hair Shedding?

luvmesumhair

Has anyone had any luck using ACV to stop shedding?

I tried the ACV this past weekend and it seemed to have made my hair extra dry and I still see the shedding.

My hair is processed (permed) and dry as heck I am thinking it's because of the ACV. What I did was, DC'd with a moisturizing conditioner on dry hair, co-washed with Aussie "MIRACULOUSLY SMOOTH" then poured the ACV on and massaged it into my scalp and hair. Left it on with a cap while I showered (about 6-7 minutes) then rinsed. I did not follow up with Aussie 3 minute "MIRACLE SMOOTH" like I usually do because I wanted to see how the ACV worked on its own. But now I am wondering should I have followed up with it. I am also wondering if I Should I keep doing the ACV rinse?

I know it is good for smoothing out your hair and shine. But I was wondering if anyone knows if it is also good for your scalp as far as shedding.

TIA.

GGsKin

I find too much ACV may increase my shedding. You didnt mention how you used it but shouldn't be used undiluted.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Right. The Ladies have all given you great feedback.

ACV helps to close the Cuticle and balances out Porosity.

Black Tea Rinses or Garlic Conditioner would be better suited for your Shedding issue(s).

Also, as stated upthread, ACV can make your Hair Dry especially when the dilution of Water to ACV ratio is off.

Daina

I use a ACV/black tea rinse combo but as others have mentioned it's more the black tea that helps with shedding. It took about 3-4 weeks or a couple of rinses before the shedding stopped.

Kindheart

Why people insist on using ACV ,it's just drying ..
This is an interesting article :
Though women's hair loss typically stems from hereditary, inflammatory, and hormonal factors, the researchers believe the fatty acids and antioxidants found in the supplements likely support the health of the blood vessels, cell membranes, cell growth, and anti-inflammatory activities in and around hair follicles.

While many vitamins that claim to boost your haironly work if you're seriously lacking in key nutrients, you don't have to be a slacker in the diet department to see a benefit from this combo—researchers excluded any women with nutritional deficiencies.

If you're interested in giving it a try, be sure to check with your doctor first (blackcurrant seed oil can lower blood pressure further in people who already have low blood pressure, and it can also slow blood clotting). Here are the supplements and doses the women in the study took:

Fish oil: 460 mg
Blackcurrant seed oil: 460 mg
Vitamin E: 5 mg
Vitamin C: 30 mg
Lycopene: 1 mg

Don't worry if you can only find the supplements in larger doses (especially lycopene and vitamin E, which are almost always sold in amounts larger than those used in the study)—a little extra won't hurt. Also keep in mind that, like any hair loss treatment, you'll likely need to keep up with the supplement cocktail to maintain the results.

Otherwise I d use Rogaine

InBloom

In my new-growth
I had good results in the past with DILUTED ACV when I wanted more detangling. I found that I had fewer sheds because the ACV helped with the tangles. I stopped using it because I smelled like a pickle when my hair was wet/moist again...like after a workout.

I don't use it any longer for that reason. And, it probably was drying on my hair.