Inspirational message...

Prudent1

"Shout; Then The Wall...Will Fall Down."
Joshua 6:5 NKJV
Are you fighting a battle you're afraid you won't win? Who are you depending on: God or yourself? When faced with the combined armies of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, God told His people Israel, "The battle is not yours, but God's" (2Ch 20:15 NIV). And God's never lost a battle yet! He told Joshua, "I have delivered Jericho into your hands" (Jos 6:2 NIV). Notice, He didn't say, "I will deliver" or "I might deliver." No, He said, "I have delivered Jericho into your hands!" Israel already had the victory, now they were being called to act on it. But the question remained, how? God's answer was "Shout." Joshua told the Israelites, "When you hear...the trumpets...give a loud shout; then the wall of the city will collapse and [you] will go...straight in" (Jos 6:5 NIV). Now no rational person would expect a shout, no matter how loud, to bring down the walls of a big city. But this was no ordinary shout; it was a shout of faith based on a promise God has made. Even though victory looked impossible, when Israel shouted God responded by bringing down the walls and opening the doors to the Promised Land. When you're looking for an open door and all you can see is a brick wall, the last thing you feel like shouting is "victory," right? But you need to do it regardless, because: (1) the shout of praise leads to victory; (2) it puts your faith " on the record;" (3) it confounds the enemy and robs him of two of his greatest weapons: doubt and discouragement; (4) obedience, even when you don't understand, always brings results. So shout - for victory is yours!

Just wanted to share this with you ladies. A friend sent it to me via email.:yep:

Are you fighting a battle you're afraid you won't win? Who are you depending on: God or yourself? When faced with the combined armies of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, God told His people Israel, "The battle is not yours, but God's" (2Ch 20:15 NIV). And God's never lost a battle yet! He told Joshua, "I have delivered Jericho into your hands" (Jos 6:2 NIV). Notice, He didn't say, "I will deliver" or "I might deliver." No, He said, "I have delivered Jericho into your hands!" Israel already had the victory, now they were being called to act on it. But the question remained, how? God's answer was "Shout." Joshua told the Israelites, "When you hear...the trumpets...give a loud shout; then the wall of the city will collapse and [you] will go...straight in" (Jos 6:5 NIV). Now no rational person would expect a shout, no matter how loud, to bring down the walls of a big city. But this was no ordinary shout; it was a shout of faith based on a promise God has made. Even though victory looked impossible, when Israel shouted God responded by bringing down the walls and opening the doors to the Promised Land. When you're looking for an open door and all you can see is a brick wall, the last thing you feel like shouting is "victory," right? But you need to do it regardless, because: (1) the shout of praise leads to victory; (2) it puts your faith " on the record;" (3) it confounds the enemy and robs him of two of his greatest weapons: doubt and discouragement; (4) obedience, even when you don't understand, always brings results. So shout - for victory is yours!

Just wanted to share this with you ladies. A friend sent it to me via email.:yep:

I had to highlight the bolded b/c I've found this statement to be so true during this season of my life!

Thanks for sharing. It's always good to be reminded that yes, we do have the victory in Christ Jesus. God is faithful!

I'm shoutin' :yep:

Halleluijah !!! Glory to God !!! Glory -- Amen !

Jesus is Lord - Forever !

I had to highlight the bolded b/c I've found this statement to be so true during this season of my life!

Thanks for sharing. It's always good to be reminded that yes, we do have the victory in Christ Jesus. God is faithful!

Amen... PinkPebbles, that 'brickwall' comment is awesome' :up:

God bless you for highlighting this. :Rose:

Shimmie ; I'm going through a very difficult time right now (and it will last quite awhile) and even though it appears that I'm not based on all the posts I've made throughout LHCF, it's very hard to not just lock myself in my apartment and cry.

Just today on my way home from work, I had to pull over because I was crying soooo much and couldn't concentrate on the road. I haven't slept in 3 weeks and eating, shoot, I'm lucky if I can get anything to stay down.

I think part of the problem is that I have not developed a close relationship with God and what I'm going through maybe be Him trying to get through to me. And me finding this post again just filled me with a little happiness. Right now, I'm putting together a prayer journal and basically, a complete spiritual overhaul on my life.

**I won't go into detail but if any of you ladies can keep me in your prayers, I'd greatly appreciate it. **

Back