In need of Prayer

Ucha123

I’m in need of prayer to help me with a situation I’m facing in my life.

I have been with my fiancé for 6 years. June 2004, on a quiet Saturday afternoon we were at my place watching a movie when he got a text message on his phone since I was closer to his phone I picked it up to hand it to him and as I was doing this, he commented” I hope its not the office”, I then clicked his phone to open the message and I started to read it aloud, only it was not his office, it was a love message from a woman, he grabbed the phone from me and we started to argue. I gave him back his ring and asked him to leave.

He kept telling me he did not know who that woman was who sent him a message(yeah right), when he saw that I was not taking him back, he asked me to forgive him and to start a fresh. In July, stupid me went back to him and deep down I did not forgive him though I continued the relationship. I got pregnant in Aug’04, he seemed happy, only to tell me in Nov’04 that he was not sure if the baby was his!!! I mean how cruel is that especially when I went to the doctor with him for the pregnancy test. He changed on me and literally avoided me and did not touch me throughout the rest of my pregnancy. It was at this time that i went to live with my mum. We were just on a hi and bye basis during this time. I heard from his friends, that he was always with different women during this time. He was around when I went into labour but that is only cos my mum called him- I personally did not want him around me. He has been around since then and he is looking after our son. We do not live together.

Forward to Jan 2007. His older sister called us so that she could talk to the two of us. She pleaded with me to give him and the relationship another chance. I agreed that I will try but I’m not making any promises. I wish I had just said that I cannot and do not want to give him a chance because deep down I cannot forgive him. I loved him so much but he shattered me and I never dreamed that I would be alone and pregnant without him being their for me. I know the Christian way is to forgive and I keep reading this verse Colossians3:13, “Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you”
But I find it so hard to forgive him. Has anyone been in such a situation and had the power to forgive?

i think you have forgiven... you just haven forgot the hurt? i dont know much about that, but im just trying to help :( idk

weaveitup said:
i think you have forgiven... you just haven forgot the hurt? i dont know much about that, but im just trying to help :( idk

thanks weavitup, you have a point there.I still feel so hurt so that maybe clouding my decision to start over.

speaking from a similar situation, right now, you need to be strong. You need to ask God for wisdom and guidance in this situation. He wasn't man enough to tell you that he wasn't ready for marriage and was lying to you. Nothing in life happens by chance. God allowed you to see that text message for a reason. I did forgive my s/o and realized in doing that I could never bring it up again. Deep down inside, whenever his phone would ring, whenever he seemed to disappear, I would go back to the moment I found out I wasn't the only one in his life. I say this to say, that it's not a matter of forgiveness right now, it's a matter of trust. Can you trust him, is he ready to regain your trust, and are you ready to begin the process of allowing him to prove this to you and in the event that things go back to the way it was, do you feel your heart can take it? Right now, pray and guard your heart. I pray for you because I know emotionally how you feel and it hurts. Praise God for you and He will work it out for your good.

Please pray over this matter as has been suggested. Determine if you are are willing to try again with this man and if so, take it slowly. Let him court you and observe how he behaves you and your son. Let him know this situation is all or nothing. Your goal is marriage and family. It will take time to get over the hurt feelings and begin to trust again. God will watch over you and allow you to know the right way to go. Keep the matter before him in prayer and he will guard your steps.

God said forgive; He didn't say anything about being stupid. If we know better, we should do better. When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM THE FIRST TIME...otherwise, you have no one to blame but yourself for a second round of heartaches.

He walked out on you while you were pregnant, denied his seed, ran around with other women WHILE you were pregnant....seriously, is that the type of man you need in your life??

Prayer is certainly the most important thing you can do, but in making your own assessment, be careful not to make excuses for his behavior.

Good luck.

I believe that you've forgiven him. I also believe that you have also grown wiser and you want more out of your life and in a life mate than he has shown himself capable of. He's just not the 'one' for you...period. That in no way, means unforgiveness, it means you have higher standards and you want to be with someone that you can trust and rely upon and believe in.

He forfeited all...

I love this scripture...

"Than which I do not see, teach thou me and where I have sinned, I will do no more..." (Job 34:32).

Trust God to lead and guide you in this as in all things. If he's really a man, he'll not hide behind his sister to speak up for him. His heart for God will lead and his actions will follow...;)

I wish you all the best and more...;)

Back