I'm in love! Review of Nature's Gate Hair Masques

Divine Inspiration

Hi ladies! :wave:

I consider myself to be considerably loyal to the products I use, but as I was roaming through CVS a couple of weeks ago, I saw these little jars of Nature's Gate hair conditioners on sale. I decided to pick up a couple to see how they would work. I got the Jojoba Revitalizing masque and the Herbal Hydrating Masque.

Well, I got around to trying them week before last, and :wow: I am in LOVE.

These products are nothing short of a miracle for my hair. The first week, I had been a little neglectful of my hair. I mean, I was looking after it, but it needed to be washed. I went too long without washing it, and it had gotten dry and unruly. I figured that was the perfect time to put the "revitalizing" masque to work to see just how revitalizing it really was. Well, I mixed it with a little castor oil and applied it. I sat under the dryer with it in for about 40 minutes then I went to rinse it out and my hair was SOOOOOOOO soft. The tangles were just falling out, and my hair felt strong yet super soft. I wasn't impressed yet though because the true test is how my hair feels once it's dry.

So, I detangled, added leave ins, and allowed my hair to air dry. My hair felt like satin until my next wash. :love: I was in awe of how well this conditioner turned my dry, brittle hair into soft, pliable, shiny hair. All week I had a SERIOUS case of hand in hair disease because my hair was just so soft and springy. :love:

The following week I decided to try the herbal hydrating masque. It was equally as amazing! I really didn't think anything could possibly be more moisturizing than the revitalizing masque but that hydrating masque was a total drink of water for my hair. My hair has been super soft and moisturized all week. Last night, I shampooed and DC'd with the herbal hydrating again and I got the same results: soft, smooth, healthy hair.

My only complaint about these products is that they contain parabens, and my regimen is primarily paraben free. However, that does NOT take away from the performance of them. They are, hands down, the most moisturizing and truly conditioning products I think I've ever used.

So, I just wanted to share my new found love with all of my LHCF sisters. If you like really thick, moisturizing cons, this is for you! :up:

Description: A deep-moisturizing treatment for damaged hair. Repleniplex, a powerful dual-action complex comprised of Biotin and Keratin, helps lock in moisture and offers optimum conditioning for supreme results.

Ingredients for Jojoba Revitalizing: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl esters, Cycoplentasiloxane, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, simmondsia Chinensis(Jojoba) Seed Oil, Repleniplex(Keratin Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-PRopyl Silanetriol, Biotin), Symphytum Officinale(comfrey) Leaf Extract, Salix Alba( WIllow) Bark Extract, Urtica Dioica(Nettle) Extract, Stearalkonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, quaternium-15, Disodium Edta, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance.

Ingredients for Herbal Hydrating: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Cyclopentasiloxane, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Replenix(Keratin Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed WheatmProtein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Biotin), MAlva Sylvestris(Mallow) Extract, Tilia Cordata(Linden) WOod Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis(Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Amara(Bitter Orange) Flower Extract, Fucus vesiculosus(Bladderwrack) Extract, Algae Extract, Stearalkonium Chloride, Hydroxypropyl Guar Glycerin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Quaternium-15, Disodium Edta, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance.

Where to Buy: You can find Nature's Gate in some drugstores. Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, and some online e-tailers carry it (webvitamins.com, vitapal.com).

PuffyBrown

Thanks, I will try this.

Hi ladies! :wave:

I consider myself to be considerably loyal to the products I use, but as I was roaming through CVS a couple of weeks ago, I saw these little jars of Nature's Gate hair conditioners on sale. I decided to pick up a couple to see how they would work. I got the Jojoba Revitalizing masque and the Herbal Hydrating Masque.

Well, I got around to trying them week before last, and :wow: I am in LOVE.

These products are nothing short of a miracle for my hair. The first week, I had been a little neglectful of my hair. I mean, I was looking after it, but it needed to be washed. I went too long without washing it, and it had gotten dry and unruly. I figured that was the perfect time to put the "revitalizing" masque to work to see just how revitalizing it really was. Well, I mixed it with a little castor oil and applied it. I sat under the dryer with it in for about 40 minutes then I went to rinse it out and my hair was SOOOOOOOO soft. The tangles were just falling out, and my hair felt strong yet super soft. I wasn't impressed yet though because the true test is how my hair feels once it's dry.

So, I detangled, added leave ins, and allowed my hair to air dry. My hair felt like satin until my next wash. :love: I was in awe of how well this conditioner turned my dry, brittle hair into soft, pliable, shiny hair. All week I had a SERIOUS case of hand in hair disease because my hair was just so soft and springy. :love:

The following week I decided to try the herbal hydrating masque. It was equally as amazing! I really didn't think anything could possibly be more moisturizing than the revitalizing masque but that hydrating masque was a total drink of water for my hair. My hair has been super soft and moisturized all week. Last night, I shampooed and DC'd with the herbal hydrating again and I got the same results: soft, smooth, healthy hair.

My only complaint about these products is that they contain parabens, and my regimen is primarily paraben free. However, that does NOT take away from the performance of them. They are, hands down, the most moisturizing and truly conditioning products I think I've ever used.

So, I just wanted to share my new found love with all of my LHCF sisters. If you like really thick, moisturizing cons, this is for you! :up:

Description: A deep-moisturizing treatment for damaged hair. Repleniplex, a powerful dual-action complex comprised of Biotin and Keratin, helps lock in moisture and offers optimum conditioning for supreme results.

Ingredients for Jojoba Revitalizing: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl esters, Cycoplentasiloxane, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, simmondsia Chinensis(Jojoba) Seed Oil, Repleniplex(Keratin Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-PRopyl Silanetriol, Biotin), Symphytum Officinale(comfrey) Leaf Extract, Salix Alba( WIllow) Bark Extract, Urtica Dioica(Nettle) Extract, Stearalkonium Chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, quaternium-15, Disodium Edta, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance.

Ingredients for Herbal Hydrating: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Cyclopentasiloxane, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Replenix(Keratin Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed WheatmProtein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Biotin), MAlva Sylvestris(Mallow) Extract, Tilia Cordata(Linden) WOod Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis(Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Amara(Bitter Orange) Flower Extract, Fucus vesiculosus(Bladderwrack) Extract, Algae Extract, Stearalkonium Chloride, Hydroxypropyl Guar Glycerin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Quaternium-15, Disodium Edta, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance.

Where to Buy: You can find Nature's Gate in some drugstores. Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, and some online e-tailers carry it (webvitamins.com, vitapal.com).

stargazer613

:yep: The Jojoba Revitalizing Masque is a staple of mine. I love how even though it's a protein mask, it still keeps the hair feeling very soft. Last time I used it, I added a pinch of silk peptide powder---made my hair feel veryyy nice!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I have the aloe moisturizing masque sitting under my bathroom sink, unused. (typical PJ has unused products sitting around, right?) I hope it's as wonderful as the others.

Ingredients seem similar to the herbal masque:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, CyclopentaSiloxane, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Stearalkonium Chloride, Repleniplex (Keratin Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Biotin), Equisetum Hyemale Extract (Horsetail), Rosa Canina Fruit Extract (Rosehip), Coffea Arabica Extract (Coffee), Viola Tricolor Extract (Pansy), Hydroxypropyl Guar, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Quaternium 15, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Fragranc

SelfStyled

Thanks so much for this review. I am going to the health food store tonight to pick up Aubreys HSR, I will definitely check to see if they have those.

adw425

I love Nature's Gate jojoba revitalizing conditioner and the daily herbal conditioner. NG is the only product that I have ever been loyal to. Other than that, I jump around alot, but NG is always in my house and in rotation. That said, I had not clue that there were hair masques. I buy my NG either in the health food section at Krogers or WHole Foods and have never seen them. I will have to check them out.

AtlantaJJ

I'mma haft put my hawk eye on and hit the local CVS... I don't remember seeing them, but then again I haven't been looking....but those two sound right yummy!! :look: