I would like to straighten my hair but im afraid of heat damage

Meki89

I've only been natural for 2 months but I think I have a good amount of growth, and I'd like to straighten my hair but I'm afraid that it wont revert back. What are some good heat protectants than I can use. and how exactly should I straighten it should I blow dry it out first, and then flat iron it? I think I'm going to do it myself I don't want my hair to get cooked or fried by a hair dresser using too much heat.

Here's a visual of my length so far.

pinkchocolatedaisy

:bump:

I'd like to know too... I'm afraid- after 2 failed attempts, I think my technique/tools may be wrong. But I fear of damaging my hair.

loveable37

I always used NEXXUS HEAT PROTEX i kinda failin me i see some white /clear balls in my head after usin it but it might do ur hair wonders

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I use Chi Silk Infusion Silk Reconstructing Complex to blowdry and flat-iron my hair. I first blowdry with an Ion ceramic blowdryer with a comb attachment (I have to use a comb attachment because my hair is super shrinky). I start sectioning off my hair in the back and then work my way up to the crown and the front. Then I will use a Chi flat-iron to straighten my hair. HTH!

1god1

Well...I let mine air dry and then use a maxiglide on the lightest heat. I think you will be okay as long as you don't straigten it too often. I straighen mine around 2 times per month....mainly just to check growth.

sydwrites

Im a fan of the Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide for a Heat Protectant, and i was impressed with my Sabino samples. I love my Conair Hair Designer blowdryer, it gets my hair pretty straight and the CHI does a great job completing the style. I have tried doing rollersets instead of blowdrying first, its definately gives more body, but for the sleekest look blowdrying is my best bet. I havent been wearing my real hair straight too much lately because im in bootcamp, but when i do my hair always bounces back.