i think im ready...

danigurl18

to BC!! One of my braids came out today in the front and I was playing with the piece of hair... I wet it and it curled up beautifully but I felt like the relaxed ends were holding it back so I cut that part off.. and I love it!! I think after I take these braids out in the end of May, I'm going to BC and then keep it in braids until it grows to a length that is comfortable for me to wear!! I'm really excited!!! :grin:

LOL...I have done that too, cutting an end off to see the true texture. I never would have believed that I would be tempted to BC. But...I'm holding back because I would miss my length and styling options. My own personal security blanket! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Good luck. CONGRATS ON MAKING YOUR DECISION. I wish I had the courage, but I think I wan't to transition until I'm like APL stretched natural. That is going to take a while :look:.

I'm definatley getting nervous since I know I will probably regret cutting it afterwards but I feel like I'll never be happy until I do it.. I originally wanted to wait 2 years but now it seems like I'm itching for the scissors...

Congrats on your big decision!!! I think that if it's something that you really like that you will love it.

congrats!!! i was just posting in another thread how badly i wanna transition but too chicken lol. im contemplating transitioning without doin the bc tho, i can't handle it lol! the girl in ur siggy is my inspiration too! she inspired me when i made a purchase from AE and she was on the bag and i was just in awe of her hair and was like I WANT THAT lol!!!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!! :clapping:

I'm definatley getting nervous since I know I will probably regret cutting it afterwards but I feel like I'll never be happy until I do it.. I originally wanted to wait 2 years but now it seems like I'm itching for the scissors...

if you even think you'll regret it then why not just wait a little longer? you don't want to have regrets and if you even have the slightest feelings that you will regret it, wait a few more months.

get through the summer with some kinky twists or braids and in the fall see how you feel then :yep: in between your braids or twists, take that time to get to know your hair very well, what it likes, how it likes to be handled, figure out what styles you can do with it, etc.

not trying to talk you out of it, just being a realist :)

I know exactly where you are coming from. When I was transitioning I thought I would do it for much longer than I did (I did it for a year in braids - bad I know) but after a while I didn't want to put braids back in and I knew I was ready for the BC. I chopped it all off about 2 months later. It was the best feeling ever...

Congrats on whatever you do...

Good luck. CONGRATS ON MAKING YOUR DECISION. I wish I had the courage, but I think I wan't to transition until I'm like APL stretched natural. That is going to take a while :look:.

I like my face with longer hair so this is exactly what I did and I never regretted it! At first I started cutting inches of relaxed hair, but then I said, I'm wearing it up or curled real tight anyways so nobody is going to notice my four inches of relaxed ends, except me! So I'm glad that I didn't BC. There was no reason for me to do so. But for some women it's what works for them. I transitioned until I was completely natural...and then years later I Texlaxed (LOL). So if only I had held on to those relaxed ends...um, I would be at BSL by now...my goal is only APL!

But to the OP, do what works best for you. I hope it turns out great. :yep:

well i changed my mind now.. I'm going to hold out as long as I can since I realized that I would probably regret it afterwards since I've never had short hair in my life! Thanks for all the support and advice!

You'll know when you are ready. It's better to be cautious.

In total agreement. I often get anxious and want to bc, reasoning, like the OP, that I can just wear it in braids/twists until it gets to a length that I'm comfortable with. But now I know that if I feel as if I would HAVE to wear braids until I'm comfortable, I'm not ready...just anxious. I would have to give my hair a break from the braids for "hair health checks" then what would I do...probably regret bcing so early (lol). If I don't cut right now I can still wear braids until I'm comfortable with my natural length, but I don't have to.

Back