I stopped taking my vitamins for a few weeks...

missjoey

...and now my hair's shedding like crazy. What's up with that? The reason why I stopped taking them was because they were affecting my period. My period was missing for like two months and as soon as I stopped my vitamin reggie it came a few days later. Have any of you ladies ever experienced shedding or an irregular mens due to vitamins? TIA

BTW- I was taking Biotin 6500mcg, Silica, Vitamin E and B-complex.

shocol

missjoey said:
...and now my hair's shedding like crazy. What's up with that? The reason why I stopped taking them was because they were affecting my period. My period was missing for like two months and as soon as I stopped my vitamin reggie it came a few days later. Have any of you ladies ever experienced shedding or an irregular mens due to vitamins? TIA

Biotin made my period extremely heavy. It took two months for it to return to normal. Needless to say no more biotin, even though it was working.

gymfreak336

missjoey said:

Some vitamins can make your period irregular but that usually doesn't last long. I would talk with your doctor about your cycle. You could have had an adverse reaction with something you were taking. As far as the shedding goes, my guess is that the lack of b-complex vitamins is causing the shedding. B-complex can help extend the growth cycle so now that you haven't been taking it, if could be shedding. Even then I don't know about a large amount of shedding. Since your cycle came back, it could be hormonal shedding going on.

missjoey

gymfreak336 said:
Some vitamins can make your period irregular but that usually doesn't last long. I would talk with your doctor about your cycle. You could have had an adverse reaction with something you were taking. As far as the shedding goes, my guess is that the lack of b-complex vitamins is causing the shedding. B-complex can help extend the growth cycle so now that you haven't been taking it, if could be shedding. Even then I don't know about a large amount of shedding. Since your cycle came back, it could be hormonal shedding going on.

Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely gonna talk to my physician about this but in the meantime I need to stop this shedding asap. Any suggestions?

hOnii

just give your hair a couple weeks to get back to normal. hair sheds when you make changes to things that you are taking in internally like vits, or birth control.. after it re-adjusts to homeostatis, it will ease up on the shedding.