I Snipped My Cornrow!

Not yet. It's going down tonight though. I didn't get the CareFree Curl, but I did pick up some SCurl last night. I'm about to try your method .
S curl!! Yes. That's good stuff too! I started out years ago with that product. Most "Curl Activator" are good because they are glycerin based.

@I Am So Blessed thanks love!

@snoop there are some similarities between our regimens. I protective style in buns and wash every 1-2 weeks me too. And I am trying to finger detangle exclusively. Haven't combed since the start of this year. I also moisturize and seal as needed. But while @I Am So Blessed moisturises and seals with curl activator and grease, I prefer to use a creamy leave in and my shea butter mix. I also add gel to make my buns sleek and neat. I think the shine in my hair is the shea butter and the gel (which I SOTC)

Why do you not DC? Does your hair tend to get moisture overload easily? Or just like me you don't see a huge difference between rinse-out and DC?

I didn't see a difference and so I cut that step (along with many others) out.

You and the rest of the ladies are going to have me trying Shea butter soon. I want my hair to shine, too, though I'm not sure if it has the properties to allow it to. Also, I'm afraid of possible build up. My clay and shampoo probably wouldn't be enough to get rid of it.

You and the rest of the ladies are going to have me trying Shea butter soon. I want my hair to shine, too, though I'm not sure if it has the properties to allow it to. Also, I'm afraid of possible build up. My clay and shampoo probably wouldn't be enough to get rid of it.

They done 'got' me @snoop lol. What shampoo do you use? I am not too fussed as long as it doesn't dry my hair out. I still use clay too. Usually if I use shampoo it's either; CON Argan Oil (original), Giovanni Tea Tree, Provoke Touch of Silver Brightening Shampoo (I have no greys). Once washed, I don't see or feel any build up left on my hair.

They done 'got' me @snoop lol. What shampoo do you use? I am not too fussed as long as it doesn't dry my hair out. I still use clay too. Usually if I use shampoo it's either; CON Argan Oil (original), Giovanni Tea Tree, Provoke Touch of Silver Brightening Shampoo (I have no greys). Once washed, I don't see or feel any build up left on my hair.

I use Komaza Hair Care (before I ran out) and now temporarily using Giovanni Smooth as Silk.

It really depends on the characteristics of your hair and how much butter you use.
My hair is naturally dry. I only use my Herbal Essences Conditioner to cowash and I haven't had any problems with buildup from the butter. I don't even dare shampoo.

S curl!! Yes. That's good stuff too! I started out years ago with that product. Most "Curl Activator" are good because they are glycerin based.

what climate do you live in? I wanted to try this but I thought it would be best to wait until I move back to california. right now i'm in the east coast

Back