I rinsed my hair black!

sithembile

My hair has been looking dull and almost dirty looking because its been fading to a brownish colour, I don't know why. So today, on a whim, I bought Wella Vive mousse, its a rinse that washes out in 6 to 8 washes. My hair is looking more vibrant and thicker and bouncy! Just wanted to share!

Good for you! I want to rinse my hair black also, so I'm glad you like yours.

sithembile, which kind of relaxer do you use? My hair used to brighten up with no-lye but with the lye relaxer it was just fine.

I bet it's beautiful--I used to rinse black alot when I was in college and my hair would be slammin'
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sereia said:
sithembile, which kind of relaxer do you use? My hair used to brighten up with no-lye but with the lye relaxer it was just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use either Affirm lye or Motions lye. I don't know what has turned my hair brown, it sure aint the sun because it doesn't shine in England!

okay so what did you do step by step
smile.gif
i want to do a rinse in the future but i'm curious to know how other's do it

I followed the instructions on the box. I washed my hair with a mild shampoo (Jason sea kelp). Then applied the mousse and combed it through and left it on for 15 minutes. You can leave it up to 30 minutes if you want it stronger. I rinsed it off in the shower, then added some Jason sea kelp conditioner, left on for 10 minutes then that proceeded with my usual styling. It said I don't need to condition after but I wanted my hair softer so I did it anyways. I think you can use any rinse, just make sure it has no peroxide or ammonia.

[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
My hair has been looking dull and almost dirty looking because its been fading to a brownish colour, I don't know why. So today, on a whim, I bought Wella Vive mousse, its a rinse that washes out in 6 to 8 washes. My hair is looking more vibrant and thicker and bouncy! Just wanted to share!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was having this same issue, so I used Sebastian Colourshines in Neutral Brown yesterday. It came out really dark, like a Black Brown, or soft black, but it looks really nice. For anyone that is having issues with lightened ends or reddishness, this will cover it, at least temporarily (I don't know how long the color will stay this rich).

Well what do you know....I just washed my hair and, you guessed it, it's brown again! My colour has totally "rinsed out", I thought it would last at least a few washes. I think I'll use Adore next time.

Back