i need some help for tonight

MuslimahTresses

Hey ladies, I really need some help. I just got my flat iron today and I wanted to flat iron my hair in a little while for tonight. I don't know where to start. Like i know i wash and conditon my hair but then what? Do I still moisturize? I usely use a spray leave in conditoner. And I have the CHI Silk Infusion for my heat protectant. So how do I put everything on my hair. Do i use my leave in then the heat protectant then oil after I'm done or just drop the oil and use the leave in and the heat protectant? Thanks in advance a bunch:)

Last edited:

MuslimahTresses

i'm new to hair care. can someone who flat irons or know a link about flat ironing can you please help me out. Please!:perplexed

SweetCaramel1

http://public.fotki.com/sylver2/ sylver has tons of pics of flat ironing her hair. how much product you put on depends on how much your hair can take. i used chi for the first time and my hair was really weighed down. i may have put too much on though. i finished with a dab of moisturizer.

Dee-Licious

mizanimami said:
What I do is after the hair is dried I spray on some heat protectant. but not a lot. then i let it dry because it can damp the hair a little ( i use a spray-nexxus heat protexx, but i think i am gonna give that up because it seems like it is making my hair kinda dry). which ever method i choose to use follows here- i usually rollerset to get it dry

then i start from the back. i part the hair no more than 1 inch wide and 1/4 and inch thick. i takes about a hour to do it all but it's worth it. i think dip my finger in my serum, and rub it my thumb and pointer finger together. it's only a SMUDGE of serum on there-just enough to lubricate the fingers. I then apply it to that little section and smooth it down the section. then (this the key right hurr) i use my rattail comb to comb the little section before i iron. this allows the peice to straighten straight and get any knots out.

the first pass with the iron is always slow, but then i do the other quickly because for some unknown reason it makes my hair silkier if i do the remining ones quicker. i may do another pass, hell i may even do 3 passes until it is right. i figure you are already doing the damage using heat you mines will get it right.

i continue the parting one inch thing until i am done. once i am done, i will wrap for the night and tie it with my silk scarf. next day my hair be swangin with the wind ->

hope Locks doesn't mind me reposting but this is the BEST info i ever got... I also use the Chi Infusion serum

Just wash, dc, and apply your leave-ins and i like to rollerset to dry but some airdry or blowdry. then follow the steps above ^^^^

Good luck!!

MuslimahTresses

oh thank you so much for responding. I was getting so sad sitting here trying to figure out what to do to my hair.Thanks so much again for your responses.

brickhouse

April I rarely use heat on my hair but when I do I normally wash, dc with a heavy protein and wrap or rollerset my hair so I will not have to use the blow dryer. Once my hair is dry I use a heat serum and proceed to flat ironed my hair. I have only flat ironed my hair once this year and it came out very silky. I really want to flat iron it again but I am afraid of breakage. Hth

misskris816

I use only a heat protectant for my hair before flat ironing. For my own hair, if I used a leave in, heat protectant and oil, my hair would be very greasy and weighed down. Sometimes less is more, but do what works for you :)