I need a new regimen

SailorWifey

I succombed to relaxing my hair again in June, but I can't remember my old routine I had when I use to relax.

Currently I shampoo/dc once a week and cowash whenever I feel like it. I moisturize and seal nightly, but my hair is dry and hard most of the time. We live in a very dry climate with little to no humidity most days and the water is horrid. I'm thinking that has a lot to do with what my hair is doing because prior to where i lived now I was in Houston which is VERY humid.

Last edited:

Babylilac

I am still learning myself but if your hair is dry try dcing twice a week with a good moisturising deep conditioner and baggy at night or a couple of hours a day.HTH

SweetTea

It can take time to figure out what your hair needs. I'm relaxed (texlaxed) and so far the following regimen has been working for me.

-Shampoo once weekly (my scalp is really oily, you may not need to shampoo this often, so maybe you can cowash)
-Using a good leave-in (Lustrasilk organic cholesterol)
-DC once a week with ORS pak+another condish to stretch it out
-moisturize daily by misting my hair with water then sealing with Cantu shea butter leave in
-wrap hair at night

So far, I've been seeing a lot less breakage.:yep:

WaistLengthDreams

I'm relaxed and when my hair is feeling really dry, I DC overnight with a moisturizing conditioner. I typically use Nexxus Humectress, but recently I've really been into AO HSR.

Also, a great leave-in conditioner, IMO is GVP The Conditioner (Sally's version of PM The Conditioner). It's great and very moisturizing.

My regimen is wash once a week, dc once a week, add a leave-in and roller set (or sometimes airdry and twistout/braidout).

HTH