I need a good clarifying shampoo....

KeishaT

I am a full natural head getting ready to take down my micros next week and i would like to give my head a really good clean before i go to the salon and get my ends trimmed. I have read on LHCF that a clarifying really cleans the hair and i am looking for something that isn't going to strip my hair dry. Is that possible with a clarifying shampoo or should I just not use one at all? Right now I just wash w/ ORS Uplifting shampoo 2x and finish w/ their olive oil aloe shampoo for moisture. It seems clean but i just want to be sure.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

in my opinion, i have not seen a clarifying shampoo that IS moisturizing. There are some that are gentler & sulfate free, but not necessarily moisturizing. I use Aveda Shampure & my hair feels squaky clean & not as dry as a clarifying shampoo with sulfates. HTH..

KhandiB

ORS olive oil aloe shampoo is clarifying as well, it is used as the Neutralizing Shampoo in the ORS Olive Oil relaxers.

Thats what I use to clarify if Im not using Baking Soda...

KeishaT

ORS olive oil aloe shampoo is clarifying as well, it is used as the Neutralizing Shampoo in the ORS Olive Oil relaxers.

Thats what I use to clarify if Im not using Baking Soda...

I'm glad u told me that so i must be on the right track....how exactly do u clarify w/ baking soda?

Denise11

Clarifying shampoo does make it a little "too clean feeling" is what I like to call it. It has to, because what it does is strip all of the build up off your hair. It has to be kind of harsh to do that. You can use a moisturizing shampoo after, and then DC or just DC afterwards to get that softness back.

KhandiB

I use about 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 2 cups of water and just rinse my hair with it after washing. It never feels stripped .

I'm glad u told me that so i must be on the right track....how exactly do u clarify w/ baking soda?

NeeSee

I can't live without my KeraCare 1st lather shampoo, I love it and it don't strip but it get's your hair clean.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
I like Apple Cider Vinegar shampoo by Frederic Fekkai and Water Works by Ouidad, the last one is more of a chelating shampoo I think, based on the description on the site, but it doesn't leave my hair as stripped as the ACV shampoo.

jamaicanadian

I found the ORS creamy aloe and the suave clarifying too stripping and my scalp wasn't happy. I like Keracare 1st lather and elucence volume clarifying, my hair doesnt feel stripped after using them but it doesn't feel moisturized either. I just follow up with a moisturizing shampoo.