I just found a staple leave in

lamaria211

:bouncegreIjust found the leave in ive been looking for my whole hhj, its creamy and thick but it melts into my 4b natural hair, Its SILK ELEMENTS MEGA SILK MOISTURIZING leave in cream, and im a pj so ive tried a few from....

jane carter leave in (my hair hates her stuff):wallbash:
aveeno nourish leave in (not bad, not moisturizing enough):nono:
cantu shea butter leave in (crap in a jar on my head):nono:
motions nourish leave in (ok but its to watery for my thick hair):nono:

well needless to say i will be stocking up on this product because i see that its rare in stores i found it in sallys for only 5.50 this weekend all of silk elements products are on sale there right now.

so i want to know does anyone else use it and where are u getting it cause i rarley see it anywhere?

I was going to buy this months ago when they had a b2g1. Glad it works well for you. I believe silk elements is exclusive to Sally's.

now that i look them up online i think the same thing. ive tried all their products and i love them all but the leave in takes the cake for me, thanks

What are the ingredients?

I grabbed them from the website.

WATER ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL ,CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,CETYL ESTERS ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL ,PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL ,POLYACRYLAMIDE ,HYDROLYZED SILK ,HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE ,BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) ,SORBITOL ,FRAGRANCE ,CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OI ,C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN ,LAURETH-7 ,TETRASODIUM EDTA ,DIAZOLIDINYL UREA ,IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE ,ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE ,HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDE ,BENZYL BENZOATE ,LIMONENE ,LINALOOL ,GERANIOL ,BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ,HEXYL CINNAMAL

thanks OM, its very rich in oils and smells kinda like a baby product would smell *powderish* i give it:dance7:

I use it but those arent the ingredients on my jar. It works good but it has to many cones for me so I wont repurchase. My jar has cyclomethicone as the 4th ingredient. I think it has dimethicone pretty high up as well but I just threw mine away last night and I'm not gonna go through the garbage to check. Glad you found something though!

girl yes this is my favorite leave in. It moisturizes so well. I had brought it by mistake a few months back because I thought it was the DC everyone raved about.

Don't get me started on this product, i already posted a thread on this but Silk elements (sallys only brand) is being discontinued in the Sallys U.K. and I'm sooo disgusted as i agree with you this megasilk leave in moisturiser is da bomb... it's better than 'juice' such as scurl, it makes my hair moisturised but its not heavy, i use this when my hair is dry or when i have done a protein treatment and it immediately makes my hair feel soft and moisturised, now i have to limit its use to only extreme cases of dryness. Be cautious on how the whole line is on sale in the U.S. that could be the first warning sign maybe there discontinuing it completely i would phone up or go to Sally to double check, at first in the U.K. the line was just included in a normal sale before the prices were cut again off and i found out they were discontinuing it.

WOW thanks im gonna check that out ASAP. if so im gonna try and get what i can get offline before its all gone now im thinking about trying the whole line for a few weeks. does anyone use the whole line?

WOW thanks im gonna check that out ASAP. if so im gonna try and get what i can get offline before its all gone now im thinking about trying the whole line for a few weeks. does anyone use the whole line?

I do. I have been using this line for quite a few years . The poo, deep conditioner, moisturising cream (mine has the same ingredients as the ones you posted) , and I have used the heat protectant. It works well for me .

i just left sallys and the rep said that they sell WAY to much of this stuff to take it off the market here so im safe. thanks anyway

i bought another one anyway :) and the mega silk deep moisturizing treatment!

Last edited:
i have been looking for this for almost 9 months here in memphis...i was told that silk elements quit making this...i was even unable to find this on the website...this is the moisturizer of all moisturizer...i love it, and now i have to figure out where i can get it...

wow i completely forgot about this thread and ive suffered for it im going to sallys this weekend to stock up on my baby (SE leave in) and im promising to never again stray:look:

Back