I finally got my hair bone straight!!

belletropjolie

I've been self relaxing my hair for over a year and I was ALWAYS underprocessed like always. The last time I relaxed I finally had an epiphany that maybe the reason was that I wasn't using enough. I ran out of relaxer the last time and had a big portion in the middle that I didn't relax at all because I ran out.

Anyway, this time, I bought the ORS No Lye that has 2 relaxer jars and I got it bone straight. Mind you, my last relaxer was in June and before that my last relaxer was November of last year, so yea the new growth was very thick.

Anyway, all that to say if you are constantly underprocessed, maybe you're simply not using enough relaxer.

I never got my hair bone straight when I was relaxed and I tried and tried so I am really exited for you!
Make sure to stay on top of your protein moisture balance now

Was hoping to see some pictures. :(

I am out and about now but I will try to come back in here with pics.

I should probably add that I used the half and half method which really helps me slow down and take my time. When I used to do the whole head in one go, I would always run out of time because my NG was so thick from all my stretching.

I also pre-parted my hair into sections so I could just breeze through the application process and spend more time on smoothing.

Happy 4 u:) Did you correct the under processed parts of your hair?

I didn't. I thought about it but I had so much new growth that I wanted to concentrate on that without getting overwhelmed.

If I correct the underprocessed parts, I will only relax those session and not try to combine it with a regular relaxer.

I'm happy you worked out the problem, it's awful when you go through all of the relaxer procedures and come out out the other end under-prossessed. Like the other ladies, I wanna see some pics please :)

I'm back ladies - With receipts this time.!!!!

The "monster" bun pics were from relaxer day and the braid out pics were from today. If you notice in the bun pics, my edges are bone straight while the bulk of hair in the bun is a little "fuzzier" if that makes sense

Part of the reason I'm so happy with the results is that I used to have to lay down my edges with a scarf a DAY after I relaxed my hair!! My braid outs also used to look awkward.

I did realize that I'll need to cut off a significant amount of hair (maybe 3-4"). I had prior damage Ive been trying to grow out but Im thinking I should just do sommething dramatic. I should upload pics of the damage Im referring too.

Last edited:
My relaxer was bone straigth..m...that is why i hated it......it was really shiny though

Oh and pics or it didnt happen.....

Eta just saw the pics......beautiful hair!.

Did you go over(relax again) the already relaxed hair btw?

My relaxer was bone straigth..m...that is why i hated it......it was really shiny though

Oh and pics or it didnt happen.....

Eta just saw the pics......beautiful hair!.

Did you go over(relax again) the already relaxed hair btw?

ChocolatePie777 I didn't relax the previously relaxed hair as I had a TON of new growth. I may do so at some point but right now the two textures are not giving me a major headache.

A big reason I wanted to go bone straight was I wanted to reduce the amount of heat I was using.

I've worn weaves most of this year and had to use a ton of heat to get my leave out to match. Its been kind of a trade off for me - relax bone straight every 3 months versus using heat more often.

Oh and thanks for the compliment!

Looks good!

I used to have bone straight hair but due to other circumstances it was underprocessed during several relaxer sessions. I'm now almost texlaxed and hate my bone straight ends, lol.

I've been self relaxing my hair for over a year and I was ALWAYS underprocessed like always. The last time I relaxed I finally had an epiphany that maybe the reason was that I wasn't using enough. I ran out of relaxer the last time and had a big portion in the middle that I didn't relax at all because I ran out.

Anyway, this time, I bought the ORS No Lye that has 2 relaxer jars and I got it bone straight. Mind you, my last relaxer was in June and before that my last relaxer was November of last year, so yea the new growth was very thick.

Anyway, all that to say if you are constantly underprocessed, maybe you're simply not using enough relaxer.

:yep: using more relaxer, relaxes the hair faster also......
another reason I relax myself.
the shops want to get as many relaxed heads as possible from one jar or tub....

Last edited:
Back