I dont know if Im willing to pay $100+ for a flat iron.

Qualitee

Its not like I can afford it, It just that I dont want to waste money on a flat iron that doesnt work well. Ive heard good and bad reviews on chi and fhi etc. I want a really good flat iron, but Im not sure if Im willing to pay all that money for just a flat iron. Im I the only one who feels this way? Does anyone know of a good flat iron that worth the money?:rolleyes:

nappystorm

Well since I went natural I have to pay $50 a pop to get my hair straighten or 4 hours to my mama house so it was alot cheaper for me to get one.

However, when I was a permie, rollersets and a conair did the job just fine

HoneyDew

You don't have to pay $100.

A good one for me has been the H2Pro 207YVI. I did pay $89 for mine, but I was later able to nab a 2nd one on ebay from this seller http://cgi.ebay.com/H2PRO-Ceramic-F...=39:1|66:2|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 That iron was new eventhough the auction said it was used. It was BRAND new. This brand is not well known which is good for me because now I have a 2nd one at such a good price.

Here is another : http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-H2Pro-207YV...=39:1|66:2|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

And there are other's as well. There is the Sally beauty GVP iron that many people love. They often have specials on that one.

There are options!

But, just remember that if you get those $24.99 irons (ie Revlon, etc) from Target or someplace they will work great at first, but not last as long.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
You will never know until you fork over $100 and some change. I purchased Sedu an FhI flat iron. Both well worth my money spent especially while during my 12-16 weeks stretch.

Qualitee

This is the one that I ended up purchasing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=270269859468

I have not used it yet but I believe that when I do- i will be very successful and have no regrets over the money.

I'm a natural 3c/4a.

You don't have to pay $100.

A good one for me has been the H2Pro 207YVI. I did pay $89 for mine, but I was later able to nab a 2nd one on ebay from this seller http://cgi.ebay.com/H2PRO-Ceramic-F...=39:1|66:2|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 That iron was new eventhough the auction said it was used. It was BRAND new. This brand is not well known which is good for me because now I have a 2nd one at such a good price.

Here is another : http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-H2Pro-207YV...=39:1|66:2|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

And there are other's as well. There is the Sally beauty GVP iron that many people love. They often have specials on that one.

There are options!

But, just remember that if you get those $24.99 irons (ie Revlon, etc) from Target or someplace they will work great at first, but not last as long.
Thanks ladies:yep: but do they last long?

FluffyRed

It might depend on your hair. My curling iron works perfectly as a flat iron on my fine strands. When my hair cutter uses a CHI, it adds an extra 15% of swing and shine. That difference is not worth 125 to me. Plus, the additional heat = additional damage. I decided to acquire a taste for the less-damaging option.

*fabulosity*

Girl, frizz2silky.com and folica.com are your friends. I have all FHIs.. 1 inch, 1.25 inch, and 1.75 inch from when my hair was longer.. but all of them were under $100...now if you walk into beautyfirst or some place like that...they will be expensive. These are the irons that both my stylists use...FHI's have the red plates.

But they are in the 70-80 range...but it's worth it... I don't have to go over my hair multiple times...one slide down with the "reds" (what I called them because I was trying to find them after I saw they worked so good on my hair at the salon; before I knew the name) and I'm good to go.

Qualitee

Girl, frizz2silky.com and folica.com are your friends. I have all FHIs.. 1 inch, 1.25 inch, and 1.75 inch from when my hair was longer.. but all of them were under $100...now if you walk into beautyfirst or some place like that...they will be expensive. These are the irons that both my stylists use...FHI's have the red plates.

But they are in the 70-80 range...but it's worth it... I don't have to go over my hair multiple times...one slide down with the "reds" (what I called them because I was trying to find them after I saw they worked so good on my hair at the salon; before I knew the name) and I'm good to go.
thank you, i'll look into that site fabulosity:grin:

teenie

Its not like I can afford it, It just that I dont want to waste money on a flat iron that doesnt work well. Ive heard good and bad reviews on chi and fhi etc. I want a really good flat iron, but Im not sure if Im willing to pay all that money for just a flat iron. Im I the only one who feels this way? Does anyone know of a good flat iron that worth the money?:rolleyes:

no you are not alone i feel this way to...mainly because i purchases the maxiglide way back when and the platting chipped so that kind of turned me against purchasing expensive flat irons...and i dont flat iron my hair that often...but i do want to buy one, just dont want to waste money again

Napp

Ms. Nobody
my 2 inch andis does the job. its ceramic and i can get my hair straight on a low level. it cost $15 @ walmart. the only thing im not crazy is that it cant catch my edges. i cwould need a hot comb for that. i would like a maxi glide but i cant spend that much money on something im going to use once or twice a year or less.

HoneyDew

Thanks ladies:yep: but do they last long?

I have had my h2pro for over a year. I used to own a FHI, which is another good one (gave it away). I am totally in love with my h2pro 207 yvi. It is similar to the FHI. In fact, I have reason to believe they are made by the same company.

Anyway, my iron is still in tip-top condition and is doing much better than the FHI did for me. It is lasting longer. The FHI was getting loose and I had to tighten it. Sometimes it would not even tighten. I have never had that problem with my H2pro. Also, the little plastic plates on the side that advertise the name always popped off the FHI. They have nothing to do with the function of the iron, but it looks nicer with that on. It has never popped off my H2Pro.

My first flatiron was a Revlon iron that was about $25 and it was great. But after a few months, I had to throw it out because the plates started chipping.

By the way, the h2pro with the variable settings is a $70-90 iron. Those ebay auctions may turn out to be a great deal (if no one starts to over-bid of course)

But, whatever you decide, you DO NOT have to spend a lot on a good iron.

oldcrayons

I really did not like chi, i got a solia but it was $170? I think. Or the low $100. I cannot remember. Go to folica and look at the reviews and see which one works best for you.

Arcadian

I have a remington Pink Tourmaline flat iron. I like it a lot because it has a digital readout and does a great job on my hair. I do not use it often. Maybe once a month (if that) I purposly use a low setting but thats just me. It does get my hair nice and shiny, which I do like.

I spent 49 on it (less using BB&B coupon )and I've had it for nearly 3 years.

-A

MissNina

Libra Girl
I saw a pink FHI @ a BSS over the weekend when I was out of town...I think it was the technique and it was $59.99. I should have bought it but when she told me I couldn't adjust the temp I was like uhhhhh NO.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
Thanks blackmaven Did the flat iron last long?:yawn:

I still have both of my flat irons. I came home from hospital and my dd dropped my Sedu. Flat iron would not come back on. Luckily had one year warranty on it. Sedu sent me a brand new one. My FHI like better. I really want FHI Runway but $400 is a no good.

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
Oh! I forget to mention my sister purchased generic Chi at Sally's she loved it! It lasted little over 2 years.

STLCoverGirl

I paid $100 for my 1" Sedu, and it lasted four years, which is well worth it. I just ordered a 1.5" Sedu this morning and paid $116, and it is really bothering me. I know it's a good investment, but I keep telling myself it will pay for itself. I totally understand where you are coming from though...does the generic CHI have temp control?

tenjoy

I purchased a maxi-glide from hsn.com on 3 flex pays on of $22. ( the rest of the discount was from a coupon. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I used it three times. Oh and it came with a bonus 1/2 flat iron, I dont use it thought.

audacity.

Ulta is having a sale on FHI irons...I got one (shhhh don't tell my CHI) for $60 and the non-sale price is $100...

You will be surprised at the difference a little money on an iron can make with your hair...

audacity.

I saw a pink FHI @ a BSS over the weekend when I was out of town...I think it was the technique and it was $59.99. I should have bought it but when she told me I couldn't adjust the temp I was like uhhhhh NO.

this is the one that i just bought...

and the temp adjustment is my concern, too...i wanted one that would get hotter than my CHI and from what i understand this one gets more than 400 degrees soooo....we'll see....

HoneyDew

Ulta is having a sale on FHI irons...I got one (shhhh don't tell my CHI) for $60 and the non-sale price is $100...

You will be surprised at the difference a little money on an iron can make with your hair...

That is a really good deal if it is one of them temp. control ones. And you have the benefits of the warranty, unlike when you purchase it from Ebay or someplace.

Folica has good deals, too. I think Frizzy2Silky has deals, too.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
Really good flat irons come with really good return policies. The makers of these higher end tools are confident in their product, so are less likely to give you a hard time if you're not satisfied.

livesoundtech

I use Remington Wet 2 Straight, and it was only 30 bucks. It's the best straightener I've ever owned. I did break the first one though by plugging into the wrong outlet... it's a 120V plug, I believe. I've had amazing results though.

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
I saw one of those flat irons that they have at the mall kiosks at TJ Maxx for $30. Those kiosk ones work really well on my hair and leave my hair super silky in one pass.

loveable37

My sister boyfriend sells all kinda SALON stuff,
She let me use her flat iron its DIGITAL u can push the button up to 550 degree or more.
I luv it so much she sold it to me for $25 dollars the kinda i always wanted
it so great.
but i wouldnt know how to find it on line my hair feels like real silk
i will post pics when i use it again.