I chickened out Phyto, and used Mizani!

Mizani_Mrs

Ladies, I wrote a post a week ago about how i finally got the courage to switch back to Phyto and give it another try. Well i just bought the Phyto and planned to use it Wed nite, but at work i read someone's post about how no-lye reaked havoc on their hair, so it scared the bejesus outta me. Then i had flashbacks of me shedding after my 1st Phyto. So i decided I shouldn't fix what aint broken, so i went to Hair Cuttery and got my trusty Mizani Regular lye relaxer yesterday nite. I LOVE my hair!!! MIZANI fo' lyfe!!!

ummm...anyone wanna purchase a phyto II relaxer.... :look:

Healthb4Length

Glad your loving your hair! It's okay to use no-lye if it doesn't dry out your hair and if that's what you started with. If you started with lye relaxer it's best that you stick with lye to avoid dryness and breakage...it's always a good idea to stick to 1 relaxer rather than switching. Please post pics with your results:) .

jasmin

I may switched lye relaxers but I don't see me ever switching to no lye. I had the worst shedding and breakage when using no lye.

Last edited:

Divine Inspiration

Mizani_Mrs said:
Ladies, I wrote a post a week ago about how i finally got the courage to switch back to Phyto and give it another try. Well i just bought the Phyto and planned to use it Wed nite, but at work i read someone's post about how no-lye reaked havoc on their hair, so it scared the bejesus outta me. Then i had flashbacks of me shedding after my 1st Phyto. So i decided I shouldn't fix what aint broken, so i went to Hair Cuttery and got my trusty Mizani Regular lye relaxer yesterday nite. I LOVE my hair!!! MIZANI fo' lyfe!!!

I'm plannin to relax with Mizani for the first time in December...i'm feelin more and more confident about it every day from reading the good reviews...
It's experimental I suppose. I know some folks may not like it, but I'm definitely gonna give it a go b/c I had a childhood friend who used to get her hair done at JC Penney's with Mizani and her hair was BANGIN! So anyhow, good call Mizani Mrs...no sense in fixin what ain't broke! :lol:

MonaLisa

Mizani_Mrs said:

It's okay girlie...stick to what you feel comfortable with.:)

*I just bought two boxes :ohwell:*

Allandra

And what's wrong with Mizani?

:lol:

I went to my sister-in-law that's a stylist vs. my regular stylist for my latest relaxer touch up.

When she came around the corner with a big ole tub of Mizani relaxer (lye), I was like 'ooooookay'.

My regular stylist uses Design Essential lye. My hair has been used to this for a long time.

Anyways, I was quite satisfied with the end results. As a matter of fact, my hair is STILL blinging. :D

Hmph. I just may stick with Mizani. ;)

czyfaith77

Could you tell me why you choose lye relaxers or no-lye? It seems like it should be the other way around. But, what causes the breakage and etc in no-lye relaxers? I have been using no-lye for years and am contemplating switching over to lye. I am only flinchy because, the last lye relaxer I used was a few years was a Bantu relaxer and it burned the mess out of my scalp and I said never again. Also, is there anyone who has used both Vitale and Mizani (would consider Affirm but it isn't always readily available for the self relaxer (if so please tell me where), I am stuck between the two. I do self-relax. Thanks:)

Last edited:

Mizani_Mrs

Well I dont think i've ever tried the other relaxers you've named so i can't offer u a comparison. i'd just say you won't be disappointed with mizani. U won't have after relaxer breakage or dryness (as long as u take care of ur hair). But i'm a honest person....it does burn if you scratch beforehand. I only give a stylist 15mins for the total process....but they never have an issue with this time, so it all works out wondrfully. This time i was extra careful with my scalp a week before i relaxed and i didn't burn except for the last 3mins in the nape.

czyfaith77 said:
Could you tell me why you choose lye relaxers or no-lye? It seems like it should be the other way around. But, what causes the breakage and etc in no-lye relaxers? I have been using no-lye for years and am contemplating switching over to lye. I am only flinchy because, the last lye relaxer I used was a few years was a Bantu relaxer and it burned the mess out of my scalp and I said never again. Also, is there anyone who has used both Vitale and Mizani (would consider Affirm but it isn't always readily available for the self relaxer (if so please tell me where), I am stuck between the two. I do self-relax. Thanks:)