I can't believe that I am saying this but....

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I am seriously considering transitioning to natural. I was always one who was happy to be a relax hair even though my hair never seems to get fair without my ends looking like crap. I'm tired of damage hair, I'm tired of having to pay to get my hair relaxed or being scared to over processed when I did it my self.

I believe that if I do this I will be in buns and flat iron. As I progress I will tried wash n go's and braidouts. I am not 8 weeks post and will see how it goes.

MAMATO

When your hair can't take it anymore, going natural is a fair alternative. Whatever you do, enjoy your hair Honey, have fun with it :)

that_1_grrrl

Thanks. I believe that I am ready mentally

Well then, go for it, girl. Hopefully you won't get too excited about your new growth like I did. After a couple of months, I just BC'ed. I wish I could have transitioned!

Good luck, and I can not wait until you're on here showing everyone your lovely hair!

PearlyCurly

Do It! Do It! Do It!:poke:

But i must say transition for at least 4mths and see how you like it. Although transitioning isnt for everyone but its the same thing with bc`ing too. 6mths would be even better since you would have a good natural length to start out with. Hair blogs will be your best friend too.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Good luck to you :yep:.

Thank you

Good for you Lady! At least you know what you need to do.

Yes I do but I'm a little surprise at my decision

Well then, go for it, girl. Hopefully you won't get too excited about your new growth like I did. After a couple of months, I just BC'ed. I wish I could have transitioned!

I really want to transition for at least 18 months just because my hair grows so slow and I don't want my hair too short. We shall see what happens.

Good luck, and I can not wait until you're on here showing everyone your lovely hair!

I don't post many pictures but I will start as I progress

Do It! Do It! Do It!:poke:

But i must say transition for at least 4mths and see how you like it. Although transitioning isnt for everyone but its the same thing with bc`ing too. 6mths would be even better since you would have a good natural length to start out with. Hair blogs will be your best friend too.

Going to try to go for 18 months to get some length hopefully.

Good luck on your journey

Thank you!

Good luck!! You've got a lot of information at your fingertips, I hope it goes well, keep us updated!!

Thanks alot. I have already started reading the Transition's support thread.

~NanCeBoTwin~

WTG!!!! I wish you well on your new hair journey.....I'm envious.
At this point I'm 5 months post (21 weeks)....I originally said I'd stretch to 9 months. But now I keep going back and forth about transitioning. One week I want to relax right now (bump the stretch, lol), the following week I just want to transition to natural....
So I'm happy to see that you've made your decsion! Good Luck!

India*32

I just got tired of going to stylist and not getting the hair results I liked. Also, it probably was time to give my hair a rest. I've been relaxing for over 30+ years and now coloring to cover the gray. Nah, too much, so I'm wearing a curly cut. Really, I went to barber two weeks ago and it's called a dark cesear. Someone, please help me with this spelling. I received two negative comments from chicks that A. Have no style B. Don't even wear earrings nor make-up. I said, Looks who calling the kettle black. I told one chick, with my face I could wear any look. I know, I had to go there. But, really just Do It!

:bdance:

countrychickd

Good luck lady! I definitely think you can do it! Once your mind is there, you only have to wait for your hair to catch up. Have fun with it!

*Michelle*

Good luck!

I'm, seriously, considering it too. I tried last year went for a 9mo stretch. If I could get my cotton picking edges to lay down (without gel and looking greasy) I would do it in a heartbeat!

I may see you in the transitioners thread...

raloftin

I'm a recent convert as well LadyR, after my last major setback, I almost snapped. Couldn't understand why my hair had broke down to the quick(nape) and I had been taking care of it more than ever, no heat,cowashing, dc'ing, henna,etc etc...Anywho, I finally made a decision which I told myself I would never ever ever do, TRANSITION TO NATURAL! I always figured my hair is too doggone nappy for that but guess what, I have nothing to loose now...I feel that transitioning to natural is the only alternative I have left at this point. I'm currently 7 weeks post.

Good decision,

We can transition together and give each other support, lol

I am seriously considering transitioning to natural. I was always one who was happy to be a relax hair even though my hair never seems to get fair without my ends looking like crap. I'm tired of damage hair, I'm tired of having to pay to get my hair relaxed or being scared to over processed when I did it my self.

I believe that if I do this I will be in buns and flat iron. As I progress I will tried wash n go's and braidouts. I am not 8 weeks post and will see how it goes.

U know I was actually thinking the same thing, I like my relaxer, but I've been looking at Girlfriends, and I'm big time falling in love with Tracee Ellis Ross hair.......and then I look at Persia White's Hair, so I'm like what to do......I think I'm going to research and think about transitioning and then bc...and I have to think about it mentally.....so we are in the same boat......but if I switch it's not because I'm having problems with my relaxer or I don't want my relaxer no more, I just want something different......

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
WTG!!!! I wish you well on your new hair journey.....I'm envious.
At this point I'm 5 months post (21 weeks)....I originally said I'd stretch to 9 months. But now I keep going back and forth about transitioning. One week I want to relax right now (bump the stretch, lol), the following week I just want to transition to natural....
So I'm happy to see that you've made your decsion! Good Luck!

Thanks!!!

I just got tired of going to stylist and not getting the hair results I liked. Also, it probably was time to give my hair a rest. I've been relaxing for over 30+ years and now coloring to cover the gray. Nah, too much, so I'm wearing a curly cut. Really, I went to barber two weeks ago and it's called a dark cesear. Someone, please help me with this spelling. I received two negative comments from chicks that A. Have no style B. Don't even wear earrings nor make-up. I said, Looks who calling the kettle black. I told one chick, with my face I could wear any look. I know, I had to go there. But, really just Do It!

:bdance:

You told her. You have to do what's best for you

Good luck lady! I definitely think you can do it! Once your mind is there, you only have to wait for your hair to catch up. Have fun with it!

Thanks alot

Good luck!

I'm, seriously, considering it too. I tried last year went for a 9mo stretch. If I could get my cotton picking edges to lay down (without gel and looking greasy) I would do it in a heartbeat!

I may see you in the transitioners thread...

Come on over. I haven't posted over there but I have been reading and reading. I just brought some shea butter to hopefully help with the edges.

I'm a recent convert as well LadyR, after my last major setback, I almost snapped. Couldn't understand why my hair had broke down to the quick(nape) and I had been taking care of it more than ever, no heat,cowashing, dc'ing, henna,etc etc...Anywho, I finally made a decision which I told myself I would never ever ever do, TRANSITION TO NATURAL! I always figured my hair is too doggone nappy for that but guess what, I have nothing to loose now...I feel that transitioning to natural is the only alternative I have left at this point. I'm currently 7 weeks post.

Good decision,

We can transition together and give each other support, lol

Sounds good. I need a partner.

U know I was actually thinking the same thing, I like my relaxer, but I've been looking at Girlfriends, and I'm big time falling in love with Tracee Ellis Ross hair.......and then I look at Persia White's Hair, so I'm like what to do......I think I'm going to research and think about transitioning and then bc...and I have to think about it mentally.....so we are in the same boat......but if I switch it's not because I'm having problems with my relaxer or I don't want my relaxer no more, I just want something different......

Definitely do your research and then make the decision. I know that I don't want to bc too soon so I'm hoping that I can do a long transition before bc.