I braided my daughter's hair again **PICS**

vaqtea

I havent seen your fokit yet but I know your daughters hair is beautiful!

*runs off to stalk fotki*

XXXtacy

:FlahsssssAmazing, How great her hair looks!!! She looks like a superstar in training. Love her braid styles. I am going to try a few on my nieces.

tenderheaded

You've got serious skill:eek: If I practiced for 50 yrs I'd never be this good. Is this the same child you used to henna 3 yrs ago? You've done a great job maintaining her hair.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Wow, U have skills!:D Can you please tell me how you parted her hair to do the rows? I wanna practice on my hair, but I've got no clue on how to part my hair to get it to look right.:lol:

Armyqt

tenderheaded said:
You've got serious skill:eek: If I practiced for 50 yrs I'd never be this good. Is this the same child you used to henna 3 yrs ago? You've done a great job maintaining her hair.

Thank you!! And yes this is the same child. But back then I was using hennalucent. Far from the quality of the real deal. She had her first real henna treatment on Friday and her hair was so shiny and moisturized. I plan to henna her bi-weekly with her washes. Henna will be a part of the deep conditioning process.

And thanks to all of you ladies for your wonderful comments. You all have been most gracious. :D

Armyqt

sweetwhispers said:
They look really good! Would you fly over to England and do my hair?lol:lol:

Sure. For free room and board and a plane ticket. :lol: I love that barbie in your avatar. hmmmm....I may have to try that one out too. ;)

Armyqt

DDtexlaxd said:
Wow, U have skills!:D Can you please tell me how you parted her hair to do the rows? I wanna practice on my hair, but I've got no clue on how to part my hair to get it to look right.:lol:

Parting is the hardest thing to do. I'm not really a braider, I've just started practicing with her hair. And it's starting to get fun. It's kinda hard to explain, but I parted her hair in 4. And started on the front left section. The first part was made down by the ear. I parted in on an angle so I could have an agular look from the front when I was finished. When I did the opposite side, I started from the the middle. SO I could match the parts exactly to the other side. That part was easy, because I had a reference point.

I'm going to do a tutorial and place it in her album. But that won't be for another 2 weeks. This way, I can show an illustration of how to do it. I wish I could put a video on youtube showing how I add the hair. That is kinda tricky too. I just really got that DOWN this time around. hth

pretty_nappy_hair

Very cute! I'm still working on getting the cornrow technique down. It's not looking to hot but it works for her. I wish my daughter would be still long enough for braids and get her to stop cutting on her hair.

Last edited:

Spidergul

I see a LHCF feature of the month in her future!:D She has lovely hair and it is all because of mom and your love and care. Please share what products you use on your daughters hair. I have a daughter also, I would love to be able to braid her hair, all I can do is plait and twist.:(