I am getting micros today...

MyNameIsCiara

My cousin is doing micros in my hair today and I was wondering how do you wash micros? She is using human hair so I guess I don't have to worry about tangling during washing.
Can some one PLEASE give me advice on how to take care of micros? I plan on leaving them in for 2 months, 3 months at the most.

Thanks, Ciara

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
with h. hair micros, scalp washes are what have had the most luck fo rme. the human hair doesnt stay well during washes slips off waay to easily (my experience anyway)

AngelicRose07

i put seabreeze on a cotton ball and rub the ball on my scalp. it cleans my scalp like it cleans my face and leaves a nice fresh tingly feeling!

HollyGolightly

please don't get micros. those things killed my hairline.

MyNameIsCiara

I'm sorry that micros did that to you Keisha...
I have had micros numerous of times, my cousin knows how to do it to prevent breakage.

And thanks for the advice weaveitup, where can I get seabreeze at?

RabiaElaine

I used to micros all the time with human hair. The best trick I ever learned about keeping these braids neat is to braid down one inch past where your hair ends. Then use nail glue to seal the braid closed, just a small drop will do. It invisably seals the braid so that you can leave the ends of the braid loose. It will most likely not unravel, keeping the braid looking neat for the entire time you have them in, especially good if you plan to wash often. I learned this trick from an African lady who used to braid my hair on 125st in Harlem.

Remember to braid past where your ends, since you will have to snip off the braid above the glued part.

AngelicRose07

[ QUOTE ]
CheerHHS said:
you can find seabreeze at wal-mart, eckerds, cvs or drug stores

[/ QUOTE ]

yup! kmarts, grocery stores, anyplace really. if place sells face products..more than likely they sel seabreeze.