HUMIDITY Disaster!!!! :(

itismehmmkay

Ya'll, there has to be a better way!!

Will I forever be known as the girl who can't get that hair quite right??? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

So, I ran into some old highschool friends at the club last night. Sure, I was looking cute, but damn...my hair was a swollen mess because of the humidity. I don't know which is worst: having hair that is too relaxed and goes limp with humidity or having underprocessed/texturized hair that becomes a frizzy afro with humidity? /images/graemlins/nono.gif

So, I need something better for real? I wish I could wear my hair in a wash-n-go, but I don't think my hair is evenly processed. Should I get my hair cut into a style and just wear it curly? I always hear that the cut makes the style. I have no style /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Help!

Haircuts do help, but w/hair that is different textures, I don't know if it will look good. I have frizz problems too. Right now I am doing daily twist outs until my hair is another 5-8" longer. It hides frizz well.

Hey Itismehmmkay, I'm sorry I am not sure of a solution, esp considering I'm the chicken who won't wear her hair out of plaits because I am afraid I won't know what to do with it when it curls up due to humidity. /images/graemlins/sekret.gif But I just wondered if a serum might help by sealing out moisture. You probably would need a lot to completely cover each strand...which means you'll have to clarify when you want to moisturize your hair...so I'd probably do this the day before a wash. I don't know if it'll work, but I'd try it before a cut. It might even help keep a braid out looking good in the face of humidity. Just a thought....

The only thing that works (reasonably well) in humidity for me is an anti-frizz product + some setting cream to hold the shape I have molded with plaits. This combination works even better with a little Curly Pudding applied once a week or so. The CP is not mandatory though. The setting cream is probably the most crucial componant.

I haven't tried an anti-frizz product yet (need to find a good, reliable one). I've had some success using Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant. My hair still reverts a little but not as bad as without it. And I make sure I wear a style that works with humidity, like a braidout.

[ QUOTE ]
jetcitygirl said:
The only thing that works (reasonably well) in humidity for me is an anti-frizz product + some setting cream to hold the shape I have molded with plaits. This combination works even better with a little Curly Pudding applied once a week or so. The CP is not mandatory though. The setting cream is probably the most crucial componant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been meaning to try setting creams instead of gels. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
curlybun said:
my chi iron has helped to eliminate the frizz that I usually get from the humidity.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does the chi iron help?

[ QUOTE ]
curlybun said:
I think that it has to do with the type of ceramic that is used with this iron

[/ QUOTE ]
So if I were to use a Chi iron on my hair and go somewhere with high humidity, my hair will not revert? I ask because I'm thinking of traveling in the next few months to a place with very high humidity.

"or having underprocessed/texturized hair that becomes a frizzy afro with humidity?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have u tried "hot oil" treatments? I slacked off but re-discovered them when I realized that my hair was a bit too frizzy. Hot oil treatments really helped alot /images/graemlins/cool.gif

If you use serum when you straighten your hair, your hair will revert much less /images/graemlins/smile.gif The serum almost acts like a water repellant, so my presses alway last for much longer when I use it.

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
curlybun said:
I think that it has to do with the type of ceramic that is used with this iron

[/ QUOTE ]
So if I were to use a Chi iron on my hair and go somewhere with high humidity, my hair will not revert? I ask because I'm thinking of traveling in the next few months to a place with very high humidity.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've only had this iron for a few weeks so I wouldn't be able to tell you but I'm pretty sure your hair will "behave" if you were to use it . btw I've been in the drizzling cold weather recently and my hair did not revert.

I recently was in Jamaica, so the day before my flight I had gotten a rollerwrap w/ my roots blown out. At the time, I wasnt even thinking about how the weather would affect my hair. But it sure did, cause as soon as I got off the plane-my hair blew up into a frizzy mess.

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
If you use serum when you straighten your hair, your hair will revert much less /images/graemlins/smile.gif The serum almost acts like a water repellant, so my presses alway last for much longer when I use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What serum works best on hair that is pressed? When do you apply it? After washing and conditioning? I always use pressing oils and they help with reversion but not serums.

Back