How to revert a relaxer?!? HELP

seraphinelle

I'm 1 month post relaxer, on a path to at least 3 months of a stretch.

My intent was to texlax, but it came out a lot straighter than I expected. Last time I relaxed my hair, it took no time for it to 'revert'.

I don't even know if reversion is true.. LOL

But from your experience, what products have caused your relaxed hair to revert?

I attached a picture of my hair tied back into an afro puff after I had relaxed it maybe 3 or 4 weeks prior.

Attachments

• hurr.jpg
    hurr.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 29
You can't make relaxed hair revert to a looser texture. Once the damage is done, it's done. Just grow out your hair for several months (6 months or more) and texturize the new growth only. Gradually cut off the relaxed straight ends. I remember your last thread you started about relaxing your hair too straight. To texturize, leave the relaxer on for 5 minutes or less if you do not want any straightness but still want a curl pattern. If you leave it on any longer, you may end up with straight relaxed hair again. Hope that helps.

sometimes you can make hair "look" like its reverted but poohbear is right. there is no way to truely revert relaxed hair. the damage has already been done.

Back