How to dust your own layers....

LongTimeComing

So I had layers cut into my hair in July when I had a retouch. I have worn alot of half wigs and did some damage so it's definitely time to dust my ends. I retouched my own relaxer, but I am at a loss on how to dust and keep the layers, because I really do like them. And to me the layers aren't that easy to see..... Ideas?

Section your hair into 4-6 sections, take 1 section and twist the length, then snip the splits off the sides and ends that you can see, you just need to cut just above the split, you don't have to cut real length. THen repeat with the rest of the sections. This will keep the splits under control as you grow it out, your hair will eventually catch up and sort of even out. It will never be perfectly even unless you cut it, but you can wait to do that when you've gotten to your next goal. hth

Section your hair into 4-6 sections, take 1 section and twist the length, then snip the splits off the sides and ends that you can see, you just need to cut just above the split, you don't have to cut real length. THen repeat with the rest of the sections. This will keep the splits under control as you grow it out, your hair will eventually catch up and sort of even out. It will never be perfectly even unless you cut it, but you can wait to do that when you've gotten to your next goal. hth

Understand this perfectly and this will allow me to keep most of the layer too. PERFECT! Thanks ma'am.

Back