• Active supporter

Votes: 54 66.7%
  • Not supportive at all

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • OTHER

Votes: 23 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dh helped me flat-iron my hair. He was SO cute. He really took his time and was very methodical about it. He wants to wash my hair, but I just know that will only end in major detangling.

He's very supportive overall. His only big thing is that he really wants me to go natural very badly. We'll see . . .

I chose other... He's supportive of me doing things to it and gets in there helping me wash, protein treat, buying wigs and scrunchies but he's not supportive of the time I spend reading, forum postings, taking pics, etc. So in other words if it's directly geared at my hair he's all in but if it's me understanding or learning more about it he picks on me "not in a mean way". I think it's because he doesn't directly "SEE" how it'll have an impact on the hair itself but it's okay he's growing and I appreciate his willingness.

I chose other. He hated when I did the bc b/c I had the same cut as him and our sons, but he dealt (and is still dealing) with it. He'd be active if I let him, but I don't have the patience...maybe one day.

I would say A- I wash my hair in the sink in the basement and he does help me rinse so I make sure to get all the shampoo/conditioner out. He always compliments my styles (he's just being nice cause I can't style at all) but he does notice growth and will say something about it.

And the most supportive thing he does is not cuss me out when I keep buying products:lachen:

my SO is so supportive, it's scary :lol: but he knew i was going natural from the jump, so if he had a problem with it, he's had more enough time to make that known.

he's seen all stages of my hair, from the wig i was wearing when i met him, to my short bob hair cut in my avatar, to my BC - present. & even though he said he knows next to nothing about hair (i know that will change when we move in together & he sees my PJ stash), he's told me that he supports whatever hair decision i make.

i do get more compliments on my natural hair from him than i did with my bob or with my wigs on. & had he been in the vicinity, i would have had him help me BC.

Hmm, My hubby is now dipping into my shampoo and moisturizers. I told him he better keep his hands out of my shea butter though. :grin:

My husband helps me self relax and trim my ends. He encourages me when I feel like giving up on my HHJ.

My guy's an innocent bystander.

He's supportive in that he says all the right things at all the right times...but other than that he'll just complain like..."baby you're Vo5 is everywhere" and "why do you hide the toothpaste behind this coconut stuff" lol

My DH is very supportive. He doesn't help me wash my hair or antyhing but that's because I don't ask. I like doing it myself. It's fun to me! I know he'd so it in a heartbeat if I asked, though. He helped me BC. If I ask for a product he'll go out and get it. When my local health food store was out of Giovanni he ordered it took the woman's number and had them call when it arrived. If I say I need it or if he sees I'm running low, he gets it. Sometimes he surprises me with hair products lol He compliments me and comments on my growth. He takes all of my hair pictures too.

He didn't particularly care for my natural hair at first but once it started to grow out I guess it grew on him. He loves it now and can't keep his hands out of it. :rolleyes: He doesn't help my regimen or anything though.

I chose other because my so doesn't really care one way or the other. He can't even remmeber a year ago when I did NOTHING to my hair....but he loves to wash it or to watch me wash it and he likes when I wear braidouts...he also asks me if I need anything when he goes to the bss for his hair...is that active? lol No because whenever I try to talk to him about hair he says "i don't care i don't care" so...yep he's other

Hes a "c" he will help me do whatever with my hair fine and says I can do what I wish as far as hes concerned but deep down I know he wishes I had a perm.

VERY supportive! When i just mentioned this thread on the board, he told me to let you ladies know this:

"I do my baby's weave-checks, i do her massages when she lets me, and i also make sure she doesn't use a lot of heat on her head. And i trim her split-ends, too!"

He's just advocated wearing corn-rows, and very pleased with HIS decision. LOL!!

I've gotten a lot of compliments since doing this. He wanted me to wear my hair off the face, and made this request known (thru me) to my beautician.

Yes, my beautician thinks my boyfriend is Too Cute when it comes to working with my hair. What i think is really funny, he is white and loves my natural hair.

My ex-husband was a southern-black man and wouldn't have anything to do with my natural hair. He couldn't stand the sight of it. But when i came home wearing a straight weave down to my butt - he was falling all over himself.

Last edited:
My "other" cares what I do with my hair and whats going on with it....Had a bad hair day the other day and broke 2 clips he helped me hair pin it in and wiped my tears away....and it was his birthday lol...I care what he does to his also...I help him with his comb coils and we steal each others HE hello hydration lol

My babe plays an active role and is so supportive of my hair care journey. He genuinely cares about the health of my hair. He's always purchasing appliances, products, vitamins...Pibbs 514, FHI dryer, viviscal, etc. Oils scalp, gives scalp massages, takes measurements, etc. He knows the hair terminology...bsl, mbl, wsl. lol! He's always right about my hair. Like when I wanted to trim at 25 weeks post. He said babe wait until you get a relaxer to trim. Why didn't I think of that! lol!

Last edited:
:laugh: That was funny....

My DH helped me a lot with my decision to go natural. He may be more excited than me! He likes hair products and is always trying to steal mine when I'm with him (we're living ld) and I almost think he gives too many suggestions to the point where I'm like, "Let ME worry about what I do with MY hair!" :lol: He is the one that suggested I pick up some aceite de canela for growth. :rofl::rofl:

I like that... balance in a marriage is a blessing :yep:
He's an innocent bystander. He may tell me it looks nice from time to time, only if it is down. :ohwell: If I put a product on the grocery list he may pick it up. But he is not taking down braids or anything of the sort. That's ok. He can make dinner and clean the kitchen to give ME the time to do those things instead. It works.

Niiice... awww..man, if I can persuade my DH to wash my hair! But then, my hair isn't nice and wavy :nono:. He probably thinks it's too much work.

He's very supportive and very active:look:...he especially loves it when its wash time:look:...he loves to wash my hair:grin:

He gave me a trim about 2 weeks ago and he did very well. He wants my hair to grow to the length I want (MBL) and beyond!

He is too cute....:grin:

:shocked: you are BLESSED!
My so, is active.. he is the one who does my cornrows ( no homo) his sisters taught him to do thiers. he massages my scalp with oil and he will wash if i ask him to. he so called have " growing hands" i thinks its cute. then whn he see growth he say " all becuz of me " lol

Your DH is soo supportive... :up:

My Dh supports me with my hair journey. I've decided to transition to natural so he understands that his takes a lot of work. He supports me by taking care of our home and three small children 6,4, 11months, while I do my hair. He will pick up products, cook, clean, etc but I don't let him assist me anymore just because my hair is so thick and kinky now, 11 months post. However, in the pass ( relaxed), he would help me with my weaves and perms.. basis stuff, help me part, mix the perm while I base my scalp.. Now with our DD it's so much, she's all over the house.. crawling and touching everything. lol

:lachen: He's a hoot....
He's supportive, he even helped me take down my weave (he was excited at first till he got to the top where its more gnarly :lol: his face and concentration too funny, I kept shouting "don't cut my hair" till he started slapping my hands away).

He is also an honorary LHCF-er (though he's threatened to join himself when I've refused to post his opinions- everytime I chuckle he wants to know the WHOLE story of what's happening, he loved the FAIL thread in OT and has a comment on e'rything in ET:spinning:.

:laugh: @ nicknames! I don't even wanna ask... too cute.

He's supportive but more from the sidelines. Asks questions. Comes up with funny nicknames for me when I'm wearing my braid-outs, buns, etc:grin:. He is def partial to it being straigtened and I guess like some have said it's b/c it was longer when we met. He likes touching it and I like to have him brush it/ massage my scalp. Very relaxing... ;)

It's good to see so many ladies blessed with DH/SO's who are supportive in action or words. Ya'll made my day.

Stay blessed!

VERY supportive! When i just mentioned this thread on the board, he told me to let you ladies know this:

"I do my baby's weave-checks, i do her massages when she lets me, and i also make sure she doesn't use a lot of heat on her head. And i trim her split-ends, too!"

He's just advocated wearing corn-rows, and very pleased with HIS decision. LOL!!

I've gotten a lot of compliments since doing this. He wanted me to wear my hair off the face, and made this request known (thru me) to my beautician.

Yes, my beautician thinks my boyfriend is Too Cute when it comes to working with my hair. What i think is really funny, he is white and loves my natural hair.

My ex-husband was a southern-black man and wouldn't have anything to do with my natural hair. He couldn't stand the sight of it. But when i came home wearing a straight weave down to my butt - he was falling all over himself.

This is toooooo cute! What a guy you've got. :yep:

I guess other. Hair is my thing and my hair has gone through so many changes since we've been together that all he really does is say "You look nice" when my hair looks good. Other than that he might occasionally ask me what something is that I'm putting in my hair, but he doesn't really seem to care any more about me doing my hair than I do about him shaving his beard and that is alright with me.

My boyfriend is very supportive! In fact he feels I don't let him be MORE supportive. Honestly he just gets in my way. He wanted to help me twist my hair once and he actually didn't do bad but He was in my way. I love him but he needs to keep his hands outta my hair.

He LOVES my hair natural tho and LOVES that I make my own stuff. He asks me to make him stuff all the time. I'm gonna order some manlier scents and make him some lotion.

My DH is indifferent--which to me equals "supportive". He could careless what I do with my hair and supports whatever I want to do with it. Short, long, texlaxed, natural--he thinks whatever style my hair is in it always looks good<--his words. I think there are some guys out there who are very much into length--but for the most part I think men don't really care that much as long as it "looks good".

My DH is not active in my hair care. He leaves all the hair stuff to me (except his and our son's hair). He is fine with whatever I do with my hair but prefers I leave it at a longer length. I am really thinking about BCing instead of transitioning long term but he would prefer I keep my hair and let it grow. He likes the big afro I can make with my hair now but he won't like a small fro. Honestly, I will probably BC anyway since I wear wigs a lot. My natural hair is about neck length anyway so it won't really be a TWA.

I chose active supporter....truthfully he is part "OTHER" too....(He is suspecting I am suffering from PJ-ism)....

But not at first...He almost cried when I BC'd.......I had SL relaxed hair...he ALWAYS told me he preferred long hair...it was the hardest time. I cried a lot because I thought he hated me...he was so indifferent, unaccepting....he had this idea of how he wanted me to look, and he had is preconcieved notions about "natural hair" which he called NAPPY of course........so I kept my hair in weaves and braids...then about 1 yr post my hair was back to SL...and he was sold on how natural hair can grow.....he had to learn...he accepted my decision-reluctantly....well he was forced too....But when I overheard him telling one of his boys that natural hair (that's not on mixed or puerto rican girls) CAN grow long...."Just look at my wife's hair.... she natural and its growing past her shoulders now cause she take care of it".....then I knew he was sold......
He may cry if I ever decided to perm again.....If we ever have girls I KNOW he wouldn't want them to perm their hair! He's my photographer too....

He's let me use my products on his very soft 3C wavy hair.....always leaning down talking about...."Put some of that stuff and oils on my hair"........men.......

He's an active supporter. I have him on the hunt for discontinued products, he reads and understand ingredients:lachen:he doesn't scalp massages, I did burn him out with the length check photos though, but over all he is supportive of my hair goals.

Back