How I keep my wash n' go fresh for days....

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I've been asked often how I keep my wash n' go's looking good for so many days w/o re-washing. I can usually keep them for 3 or 4 days w/o having to rinse or co-wash or anything if I don't want to. I have figured out a way to sleep with a wash n' go w/o messing it up or getting it tangled. I just shake out the curls in the morning and go. I've put together some pics trying to demonstrate this process so hopefully this will be clear and can help someone out.

http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/2008/how-i-keep-my-wash-/

I've been asked often how I keep my wash n' go's looking good for so many days w/o re-washing. I can usually keep them for 3 or 4 days w/o having to rinse or co-wash or anything if I don't want to. I have figured out a way to sleep with a wash n' go w/o messing it up or getting it tangled. I just shake out the curls in the morning and go. I've put together some pics trying to demonstrate this process so hopefully this will be clear and can help someone out.

This is fantastic!!! I had almost given up on wash n' go's because it I didn't refresh by seriously wetting it the next day, it'll be tangled and just crazy-looking. This is a great ideal. I have the same wrap scarf that you use, and the next time I do a wash n go, I'm going to try your technique. Thank you!

This is fantastic!!! I had almost given up on wash n' go's because it I didn't refresh by seriously wetting it the next day, it'll be tangled and just crazy-looking. This is a great ideal. I have the same wrap scarf that you use, and the next time I do a wash n go, I'm going to try your technique. Thank you!
You're so welcome hon. I share whatever works great for me with you guys so I hope this may help someone. It really is a savior for me.

I love your hair btw. I was admiring you pics the other day. Your twist outs are so beautiful.

You're so welcome hon. I share whatever works great for me with you guys so I hope this may help someone. It really is a savior for me.

I love your hair btw. I was admiring you pics the other day. Your twist outs are so beautiful.

Thank you, everything about you is beautiful:yep:, and we really appreciate you sharing little tidbits like this to help make being natural as enjoyable as possible.

Thanks for the pics and tips.
Question you sleep with the tail of the scarf down or tucked?

TIA

Sure. Yes, the tail is hanging down. I don't tuck it under because I don't want to cause an un-natural bend to the curls.

Thanks honeycomb!

where were you earlier this year when i was having this issue? :lol:

just pickin on ya... thanks for sharing :yep:
Hee Hee....I'm sorry girl. I really have been meaning to do this for so long now. And you're welcome!

I call it my Alien hump because I think it looks like Alien from the movies:lachen:. You know.....the one that spits acid:lachen:.

Great minds certainly think alike! I figured this out one night out of pure laziness and have done it ever since:lachen:

THANKS: my siggy is of my wash N go's pulled back on a wash day: let me say: i look forward to putting my hair up 2night: my curls are so curly: i hope ur method can work for me.

I wonder how this works for twas.:ohwell: Can I try it too?
Sure you can try it but I'm guessing it will be a somewhat different procedure. You probably wouldn't need the clips to pin back the hair and the part where I close the hair into the scarf I don't think your hair would be long enough to do that but I definitely think you could re-set the curls at night like I explained in my fotki then cover with a scarf or bonnet.

Back