How do you protect your nape and hair while wearing half wigs?

bee

My plan for this fall and winter season is to protect my hair with half wigs. Unfortunately, I applied permanent color to my nape area to cover my gray and my hair broke off to less than half an inch!

I really want that area to grow and I know that less manipulation is best. Currently, I spray the area with S-Curl and seal it with castor oil, twice a day. I found a half wig that matches my texture but I noticed that the cap does not cover my nape.

I really want to leave my hair alone to see how it grows. Any suggestions for protecting my hair and growing out my nape with half wigs?

Nicole4rc

I'm interested to see the answer to this as well. I've used them as well for weeks and my hair started thinning.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
How are you styling your hair underneath your half-wig?

I've been wearing mine for months and I haven't had anything thinning or breakage. I keep my hair in about 20 (or more) braids underneath, to reduce any friction or pulling. I have not had any trouble wearing my half wigs just about every day since about April or May so long as I keep the hair underneath stabilized.

bee

I had been putting my hair in a ponytail this week. I just purchased my wig this week. Tomorrow is Friday, so I will have the opportunity to wash, deep condition and braid my hair. So the key to maximizing the use of half wigs, is to keep my hair braided? I'll see how that goes because I would hate to lose any MORE hair.

Legend, have you seen any growth in the months you've been wearing your hair this way?