How do you measure the length of your hair?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
From the crown of your head to your ends?...

OR...

By holding out sections of your hair and measuring different sections of your head?

I see some people on here that say their hair is 22-29 inches long!
Are you all measuring from the crown of your head to the ends of your hair in your back? Would it be different if you measured the actual length?

When I measured from the crown of my head to the ends of my hair in the back, it was 15inches long. When I measured a section in the back of my head, it was about 9-10inches... which measurement should I use?

I hope someone understands what I'm trying to say

I think measuring from your roots to ends with different sections is more accurate...wouldn't u think?

bettydavis

I measure in sections... although I'm trying not to measure at all lately. I don't know how other people do it but my hair length varies in layers so doing it section by section feels more accurate to me. If my hair was all one length i would do it from my crown to my ends.

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
In response to

Poster: myhairsos
Subject: Re: How do you measure the length of your hair?

This is the recommended way to measure <I am yet to do it though> http://www.longhairlovers.com/measure_hair.html

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, that website was helpful...I guess if I use this website, my hair will be even longer since I will be starting from my hairline to the ends of my hair in the back

Angelicus

I measure my hair the weird way: I measure from scalp to ends in three different places, the above forehead, the crown, and the nape.

Nonie

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
I measure my hair the weird way: I measure from scalp to ends in three different places, the above forehead, the crown, and the nape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
anky said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same thing. I know my hair isn't all one length. No hair at my hairline is reaching my back!
So I measure my sides, crown and front, root to tip.

Poohbear

Who measures their hair from hairline to the end of the longest hair? Would that be an accurate measurement to use? Wouldn't it make your hair seem longer than what it really is in different sections of your hair?