How do you detangle your hair in the shower?

Nanyanika

I plan to wash my hair on Monday in the shower. i will be armed with my Denman 31 brush, which is currently on order along with a shower comb and of course my conditioner, okay so where do i start? What method do you use the detangle your hair under running water? I have new growth also. Thanks in advance
smile.gif

I coat my hair with my conditioner. Then I use the shower comb section by section. If I'm putting my hair up in a ponytail, I'll use my D 31 also section by section before I use my large Denman paddle brush. I rinse out the conditioner and detangle again w/ the shower comb and then I do my ponytail. If I encounter a tangle, then I'll use my D31 again.

I use a strong conditioner that will soften my hair, section my hair into fours and gently work my fingers through it. A comb may pull out too many strands of my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
I coat my hair with my conditioner. Then I use the shower comb section by section. If I'm putting my hair up in a ponytail, I'll use my D 31 also section by section before I use my large Denman paddle brush. I rinse out the conditioner and detangle again w/ the shower comb and then I do my ponytail. If I encounter a tangle, then I'll use my D31 again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your helpful reply, I asked this question to decide how i should tackle detangling my hair? this seems like a good techinque, i could use.

[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
I use a strong conditioner that will soften my hair, section my hair into fours and gently work my fingers through it. A comb may pull out too many strands of my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

A strong conditioner that will soften my hair is exactly what i need for Monday.

I have tons of thick hair, i was wondering whether i could add conditioner, section hair in small parts and add hair bands to seperate the hair to avoid tangling. Is this Okay?

This is how I do it...before and after my haircut.

Get in the shower and completely soak my hair with warm water. I take the handheld and actually put it on my scalp to ensure this.
Once it's soaked, I start applying my conditioner to my ends all over first. Then I go back and apply to the insides and then the middle. As I apply to the insides and middle, I detangle gently with my fingers.
Then, I comb through with Jilbere shower comb and/or my Cardinal comb or Denman brush. Denman brush must come last!
After I let the conditioner sit while I wash up, I take it down out of the clip and rinse it with the showerhead. I don't comb again b/c my hair is short and doesn't tangle as much. But I used to rinse and comb at the same time.

Good luck Den1!

Hairlove, thanks for taking the time to post your detangling routine, sounds really interesting i'm going to try your tip on placing the showerhead to directly on my scalp to ensure that my hair is soaking wet before applying conditioners.

Back