How can I avoid the stylist from cutting my sides too short?

Fine 4s

I think I've asked this question before hmmm...

I always notice that unless a woman has a blunt haircut or really long hair, the sides are significantly shorter than he back. I do NOT like this look :nono:
In the reniece/weave thread, in the 2nd pics, the woman's hair was long in the back (full APL +) and the front pic was SL+

I would like to avoid this...any suggestions? What do I say without the stylist thinking I want a blunt cut and thus, cut off my hair to the shortest length. Last time I tried to explain what I wanted (pre LHCF, I still got the shorter sides look)

Is there some technique I should mention? Something to emphasize etc?

Tks

i think thats natural for some women to grow hair longer in the back. my hair has always been shorter on the sides.

I'm assuming her hair naturally grows like that. Tell the stylist to do a light trim and gradually even up you hair vs. cutting it to the shortest layer.

Can you find a picture of what you want, because I'm having a hard time understanding it - it sound like you want a blunt cut, but without cutting the back shorter?

Hair naturally grows in layers. If your hair is the same length all over inch wise, the sides will be shorter than the back. And the front will be shorter than the back and sides. That's just how hair grows. Unless you cut the hair a different way it is going to grow like that naturally.

If you want your hair to appear to be the same length all over, the stylist is going to have to cut the back to even it out and make it a blunt cut.

When I had long sides...I specifically told my stylist to leave the sides long.. but I like the volume that layers on the sides give. They give the illusion of length sometimes.. (if they're done properly).. good luck. I always get so nervous when it's trim/cut time.

Back