How can fine hair be full?????

tatje

I have fine hair and I was wondering if it could ever be thick or full? Yes I have done all the things suggested to thicken up, but just wanted to know can fine hair ever be too full for a medium hair clip or anything else.

Sometimes my fine hair looks see through and alot of times it doesn't. I don't get it. Just wondering.

klb120475

My fine hair is the same way, see thru one day...full illusion the next day. My hair seems to look full when I have less products in it.

locabouthair

I think it's very possible. i see plenty of women on the board and IRL that have very full hair but the strands are fine.

growinglong777

My hair is fine, but I agree, the less products I use on my hair the thicker it looks. I have also started using castor oil on my hair , concentrating on the ends to aid in thickening..

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Sometimes the way you style your hair can determine how full it looks. I know rollersets give the hair some volume along w/the big curls it gives a fuller affect on thin haired ladies. If your flatironing or wrapping alot that will keep the hair flatter and thinner looking. Try rollersets, pincurls or even caruso steam rollers to help give a fuller look if you haven't tried these already.

My hair is naturally thin/medium, but looking at old pics form my late teens early 20's my hair was very thin and I would have never thought it could be this full and much thicker now. It's like 2 or 3x'z fuller, I think eliminating heat, stretching my relaxers, and DC 2x's a wk. has aided in that thicker and fuller look, not to mention health.

aliceo

My hair is pretty fine, which is why I don't wear it straight very often - but it CAN look full of body which is great. For me, growing out the front so it is almost at the same length as the back - I guess that would be a blunt cut - has really helped with the see through ends issue. As it grows out healthier with less breakage - my hair definitely looks fuller.

MonaRae

Yes, Yes and Yes again! I rollerset my hair for that fuller look. One time a friend of mines touched my head (in a good way) as she was passing by and it shocked her b/c she didn't know my hair was fine.

Ayeshia

you can have fine hair but a gazillion strands of fine hair which makes it look full. Ive seen folks with thick indvidual strands but overall they dont have a lot of hair (manily red heads and asians)

DragonPearl

I am natural, and when I wear twistouts or braidouts, you can never tell that I have fine hair.

Also, I recently started using Henna, and it coats my hair and makes it appear fuller.

tatje

My fine hair has to be combed and brushed and sometimes rollerset to "appear" full sometimes, and alot of other times, it's just what it is (if you get what I'm saying).

Lady Esquire

co-washing, rollersets, henna...off of the top of my head.

certain oils are known for thickening, such as pure castor oil.

there are also products (shampoos and condishes) that claim to add volume.

myco

Ayeshia said:
you can have fine hair but a gazillion strands of fine hair which makes it look full.

That's me. I think I'm on the fine-medium side. I would love to have coarse/thick strands

nycutiepie

My hair is also fine/thin. I airdry and use the scarf method most of the time because I always bun, so it never really looks full. If I didn't flatten it down, I think it would give the "illusion" of being fuller so I agree with the roller-set and other suggestions for styling. However, if I don't flatten it down when stretching, the 4b NG wakes up and that is too much for me to be wrestling with. That's probably another reason I used to think I needed a touch-up so often (pre-LHCF). I use JBCO, MTG and BT but I think it's just genetics and I'm gonna be fine/thin for life.

tatje

nycutiepie said:
My hair is also fine/thin. I airdry and use the scarf method most of the time because I always bun, so it never really looks full. If I didn't flatten it down, I think it would give the "illusion" of being fuller so I agree with the roller-set and other suggestions for styling. However, if I don't flatten it down when stretching, the 4b NG wakes up and that is too much for me to be wrestling with. That's probably another reason I used to think I needed a touch-up so often (pre-LHCF). I use JBCO, MTG and BT but I think it's just genetics and I'm gonna be fine/thin for life.

I'm thinking your right. Everything you stated happens to my hair also.

Mahalialee4

I have baby fine hair and that's all there is too it. Some of the strands are so fine it worries me. I have a lot of them. It is very deceptive though. My braids look so "thin", my ponytail...well let's just say...it ain't workin! I find that the less you style your hair the better. Do not overwork the styles, avoid heat, avoid brushing, minimize combing, and do not overload with product for maximum fullness. Oil the ends, but do not pack the hair shaft. Rinse out instant conditioners, use very sparingly and oh yes, blunt cuts work best for me. Finger combing is helpful to just place the hair in style. Once through with a brush and my hair looks like it has a relaxer, so I try to avoid that at all costs now. Hope this helps. bonjour

MissYocairis

Wow am I the only one whose hair looks and feels much thicker when I blowdry then flatiron it? Rollersets ALWAYS make my hair seem finer. Unfortunately, since I'm on a no heat regimen for the most part, I don't get to enjoy it thicker.

hOnii

Definitely rollersets! I love getting my ends trimmed/cut because that always makes my hair look thicker. If you blowdry, Nexxus Headress leave-in works wonders to thicken up my hair!

Lavendar

My hair is extremely fine and looks thinner when I apply heat, whether it's rollersetting or flat ironing. If I flat iron, it looks like one thin layer. My hair look much fuller or "fluffier" when I air-dry completely before styling. If I air-dry in a bun, pony, or bantu knots, it will still look thinner than when completely air-dried loose.:( Although, it appears much thicker now that it has been cut.:)

ubavka123

CantBeCopied said:
Wow am I the only one whose hair looks and feels much thicker when I blowdry then flatiron it? Rollersets ALWAYS make my hair seem finer. Unfortunately, since I'm on a no heat regimen for the most part, I don't get to enjoy it thicker.

You are not alone. This is me, too! :) My rollerset hair is full, but not as full as my blowdried/flatironed hair.

glamazon386

When I was relaxed, I got my hair blowdried at the salon instead of roller set to make it look thicker. Also layers made it look fuller but not too many.

honey4real

CantBeCopied said:

No, Your not the only one, I was actually just thinking the same thing. When I blow dry my hair without products, It seems like thick and fuller. But I notice as soon as I put product in my hair, I am back to fine/thin hair.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Well, I've noticed that my fine hair is fuller when blow dried. I can also achieve fuller looking hair when I rollerset with flexi-rods. Airdrying also helps...;)